Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Much For A Professional Detail?

Quote Originally Posted by Luster
    I charge $40 per hour. I try not to take vehicles that will take me more than 4-5 hours. Just too much work for this OLD GUY!!!

For what you want done, I`d say $150 - $200.

For the overspray... I`d use a claybar to get it off. Then start from scratch on the paint. Cleaner, polish, sealant, wax, QD.

Wet-sanding? I don`t think so.

Chemical cleaning for swirls? Huh????? Sounds like crap to me.
    DITTO on the Claybar for the overspray!
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

I am the Tarminator!
    Post Thanks / Like

I manage the detail shop of a dealership in michigan. I have never charged anyone over $165 dollars until recently when i started offering wet sanding as a service. This included a thorough prep where the engine is degreased, tires and wheels cleaned, undercarriage powerwashed, entire vehicle clayed, among other things.

Then a full interior detail ensued including cleaning every nook and cranny, following with a protecant/dress of some kind, carpets and seats steamcleaned, leather cleaned and preotected if the vehicle had it , and windows cleaned.

Then on the exterior the paint was prepped like i said with the clay, then i use a product called paint prep to strip wax and other contaminants. This is followed with a thorough buff and polish, and a final paint protectant. Wheels are polished, tires dressed and windows done. Where its applicable, frames and wheelwells are sprayed with undercoating (not spray can crap) the good stuff.

It can take anywhere from 3 to 7-8 hours per vehicle. And people in this area think 165 bucks is outrageous, they think im trying to rip them off. The customers i do get have only good things to say, but i find it impossible to get many people in here. Sorry for the rant, my point is your job doesnt sound like a $500 job to me. Especially when where i live and work people wouldnt pay more than about 150 bucks becasue they have absolutley no idea how much it is worth.

I don't detail mini-vans ShineProDetails's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What I thinks happened is that the shop quoted a high price because they didn`t want to do the work. I just did that last week on a Suburban, quoted $225 and she almost agreed. I hate doing this, even with being a part-time detailer, but she is very rude and was telling me how she wanted it completed by 5pm..........?
    .:Shine Pro Details:.

Post Thanks / Like

http://detailingbyexecutive.com/detailentail.htm

That`s what I do. For your vehicle in that condition, I would charge about $190 in/out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swirlnuts
    I manage the detail shop of a dealership in michigan. I have never charged anyone over $165 dollars until recently when i started offering wet sanding as a service. This included a thorough prep where the engine is degreased, tires and wheels cleaned, undercarriage powerwashed, entire vehicle clayed, among other things.

Then a full interior detail ensued including cleaning every nook and cranny, following with a protecant/dress of some kind, carpets and seats steamcleaned, leather cleaned and preotected if the vehicle had it , and windows cleaned.

Then on the exterior the paint was prepped like i said with the clay, then i use a product called paint prep to strip wax and other contaminants. This is followed with a thorough buff and polish, and a final paint protectant. Wheels are polished, tires dressed and windows done. Where its applicable, frames and wheelwells are sprayed with undercoating (not spray can crap) the good stuff.

It can take anywhere from 3 to 7-8 hours per vehicle. And people in this area think 165 bucks is outrageous, they think im trying to rip them off. The customers i do get have only good things to say, but i find it impossible to get many people in here. Sorry for the rant, my point is your job doesnt sound like a $500 job to me. Especially when where i live and work people wouldnt pay more than about 150 bucks becasue they have absolutley no idea how much it is worth.
    The word "detailing to most customers means cleaning and in their mind thats not a big deal so I what I do is appeal to them this way; I try not to use the word detailing at all, but if I have to I explain to them the procducts I use are selected to preserve evey surface of their car I work on and how it does that. If you can get them to realize a vehicle is an investment worth taking care of then they will follow you down this road. Then I explain how the products protect and preserve every surface I work on. I am not saying everyone buys into it but in reality is really what we do if you use products that have a purpose beyond cleaning, polishing, sealing, or dressing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information