Post Thanks / Like

"How to" pressure washer?

I read about alot of people using a pressure washer to detail cars. I`m trying to get into the business and i have a lot of questions. i already have a tank and trailer. I also have a 13hp 3700psi cold washer. Could i utilize my washer on my trailer instead of buying a water pump? if so, how do begin to do a detail job with a pressure washer? do u apply detergent through the washer or still use the good old bucket? thanks!

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "How to" pressure washer?

I can`t answer all you questions, but dial down the pressure. I`ve seen bumper paint pel off with a 25degree stream at 1700psi and 12 inches away. Except for under the car and in the wheel wells, 1500-2000psi is all you need at a 30 degree spray.
    Brenton Dickieson

Pressure Washing Mafia Squirtgun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dialing down the pressure will cause premature wear to the pump.You need to invets is some tips with a larger size orifice to drop the pressure.
    When doing cars we still use a bucket to wash and the pressure washer to rinse(using the black soap tip)For wheel wells we use a 1040(10gallon oriface/40 degree spray pattern) tip it drops the pressure to about 1500psi.
    Also if your machine is not plumbed to recycle back to your tank,you will need to shut the machine down and restart often.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

thanks man! i have 5 different tips. (soap tip, 0degree, 15degree, 25degree, 40degree. So using the high degree tips will cut back the psi? I have a recirculator on the washer. well how do u promote your business. Send flyers by mail to business`s or what? Also what size generator do you have to run the vac and buffers? Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to hijack you`r thred, but Im curious about pressure washers also.
    Are the ones at home depot ok with a stgnant water supply? Also can you add a reciculator to them? Who sells recirculators?
    Thanks. :arabia:

Help, I wanna be a proton
    Post Thanks / Like

Your "recirculator" is really called an unloader. It unloads pressure off the head so that when you release the trigger the pressure does not blow the head off of the machine. What needs to happen for your machine to have a long and profitable life is for you to take the bypass from the unloader (the little brass thingy with a knob that comes off of the front top part of the pump) and run a hose from it back to the tank. This will allow the machine to run in bypass mode until it runs out of fuel. Some of the newere style unloaders do not have a hose that runs in bypass, but have a little metal tube that runs from the top of the pump head to the bottom of the pump head, and then there is a knob on top. In order to bypass to the tank, you will need to replace teh unloader, which is not a hard job and then get a nwe one that will allow you to run an external bypass line.

As for the Home Depot machines, if you get one you want it to be one of the Industrial Hondas, with the red engine, usually, and you want the pump to be more square looking instead of round. That is USUALLY a sign of a higher quality pump.

Scooter

Post Thanks / Like

why pressure washer i bought was from lowes for $999. I thought of getting the smaller version for $499 but the one i got seemed to be built more durable and was designed for everyday use. Like someone else said which ever one u get i`d be sure to get a honda motor. They last the longest and are more durable. Home depot should have the same type.

Thread Information