Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey, Tell me what you think...

I Just started a detail business back in the begining of june and business has been pretty good, I pretty much use all of meguiars products, and I am veryyy happy with it

When i do a detail i Vaccum the inside, clean/condition leather, clean dash center consol and all that, and on the outside i wash it then dry it then i go over it with meguirs quuck detailer then i shine up the rims and tires u kno and for that detail i charge 40 for a 2-door 50 for a 4 door 60 for suv`s and 70 for vans.. i know my prices are retty low but what should i raise them too?? Everyones car that i have done has been extremely satisfied so i know i can raise them...

and some one just called me and asked if i could shampoo their carpet?? and i have never done that before, she said she has a bunch of stains she wants out, so can someone help me with this??? how should i do it and what should i use??

and like i said i use all meguiars products and im pretty happy with it but what what would yall recommend to me that probably would give me better results like on the inside and outside...

Thanks alot....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey, Tell me what you think...

Can`t comment on pricing but for the carpet: believe it or not, Turtle Wax`s aerosol shampoo with the brush cap works very well on carpets, and I`ve heard good things about the Blue Coral Dri-Clean, too. Both products are available at Target or Pepboys, and just follow the directions. You might also want to use something like Resolve (Get it at Costco) for really bad stain removal.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok here goes: Figure out how much you want to make per hour (think of supplies too!) I price as follows

$35 for first hour and then $15 for each additional hour. My prices are pretty cheap but its what people will pay in my area. So guess how long it will take you and then figure out the price from there. I always like to do an estimate before the detail so I can see the work, think of how long it will take and then have the customer sign a sheet that says they agree to 100-130 range for there car. I like to keep a range in there in case something pops up.

As for carpets do a search for : gsrstilez carpet and upolstry cleaning

It uses oxy clean which is awesome for carpet cleaning. try to get folex and target or walmart to use with the oxy clean too.

Greg

I love silicone !! Hawaiianelement's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

of course the best way is with a hot water extractor . They can go from 800 to 1200 depending on model so if you . Not sure if your ready for that big a committment.

Try using the Blue Coral stuff , it dries to a powder and can be easily vaccuumed up. You don`t want to wet the carpet too much because it`ll take along time to dry . Look for some over the counter stuff and scrub it real hard , vacuum , put a MF towel over youer scrubber and go to town , then vacuum again.

Personally I think your prices are OK . I do about the same but apply wax .
    04 Honda Element-Mobile Detailing
    02 BMW 325Ci Tit. Slvr. Sprt,Prem.
    05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Red Magma

Thread Information