Thread: Gliptone

Post Thanks / Like

Gliptone

Ok. Here is the deal. I have a Gliptone rep working hard to get me to try his products. I`m not one for trying new products. It cost money and time. But they are telling me that they have some products that work as well or better (I have heard that more then once) and would like me to try them out. What I`m wondering is what products of thiers do you used and how do you like it. Right now I use...

Meguiars
    Malco
    Valugard
    Klass
    S100
    And a few products from a local dealer.

What can you tell me about them?

James

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gliptone

I tried their Shampoo and didn`t care for it .
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

I don't detail mini-vans ShineProDetails's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, anytime a rep. wants me to try new chemical/products, either a new line from an existing company I already use or a completely new company, I get samples to try. Any salesman that is pushing you to buy before you try it out is an idiot.
    I also use:
    Malco
    Meguiar`s
    .:Shine Pro Details:.

Skinny Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like

Gliptone is not a bad product at all, I have used several products from them and been very happy. My main question though is why do you use so many product lines?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    Gliptone is not a bad product at all, I have used several products from them and been very happy. My main question though is why do you use so many product lines?
    I just use what I like. I also tried many products while visiting Jimmy Buffets shop for about 4 days. The ones I liked I bought.

I used Meguiars on my first or second car I ownd so I have been a fan since then. Right now I use Diamond Cut, Dual Action, NXT and I have a few from the Marine line.

Malco. I have a local store that sells Meguiars, Malco and so on. I also have a friend that uses Malco products so thats how I started using them. Right now I have thier leather conditioner, Tru Grit, showroom shine and Appeal.

Valugard. I use Omni, trim n` molding renew, Odor Terminator.

Klass. The Klass twins is what I use on my full detail retail customers.

S100. I use for my quick wax.

And a few products from a local dealer. I have a cleaner/degreaser, dressing which I use for dealers. I don`t like that dressing.

I think thats it for the most part.

James

Post Thanks / Like

If the distributor will give you samples then try out the Gliptone. If not, then keep using what you like. I think GSRstilez has used Gliptone products so, maybe you could contact him.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

Skinny Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like

James - If you run a shop it would seem that all those products could not be good for your bottom line as I bet alot of those products are redundant, in that a few do the same job as others. A pro should only need one dressing, one polish, one wax, one tire dressing and one APC. You might be surprised to find that many of the products you are using are the same products but private labeled.

I`m just seeking to save you some money and hassle but if you enjoy the mix of products then by all means continue

Post Thanks / Like

James - If you run a shop it would seem that all those products could not be good for your bottom line as I bet alot of those products are redundant, in that a few do the same job as others. A pro should only need one dressing, one polish, one wax, one tire dressing and one APC. You might be surprised to find that many of the products you are using are the same products but private labeled.

I`m just seeking to save you some money and hassle but if you enjoy the mix of products then by all means continue
    Which products?

James

Post Thanks / Like

BTW. As far as the dressings go. I like a natural finish on the dash and so on. So I use the appeal on my retail cars. The dealers want high gloss shine. I hate it but thats what they want. That is the reason for the the two dressings.

James

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, get some free samples. If Rep. won`t spare a little free product then forget it. I`ve used some of their "consumer line" prods but wasn`t all that crazy about them.

Plus they have a very poor customer service department. Can`t get help when you e-mail or call.
    Still Groovin` After All These Years !

Post Thanks / Like

Having said that I will give Gliptone high marks on their Leather Conditioner.

Excellent product, great leather smell too!
    Still Groovin` After All These Years !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Groove
    Having said that I will give Gliptone high marks on their Leather Conditioner.

Excellent product, great leather smell too!
    I heard that from someone else as well. They will give me samples. They just told me to let them know what I want to try and they will get me some. The rep gave me some clear coat wax about a month ago and I just haven`t really had the time to try it. And they said if I used a product I didn`t like of theirs I could get my money back on it. I also meet with the president of the company (Rocco) on that day. He was riding around with the rep.

James

Rick
    Post Thanks / Like

where is that rep today?
    Rick
    330i ZHP

Post Thanks / Like

Could be 6 feet under as that was 6 years ago.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thread Information