Thread: Bulk supplies

Post Thanks / Like

Bulk supplies

I average about 4 details per week. I find myself making a lot of trips to walmart for supplies especially tire and wheel cleaner. who are some companys that sale bulk car care products at a reasonable prices.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulk supplies

-Hi Temp
    -Top of the Line
    www.topoftheline.com

-chemical guys
    www.chemicalguys.com

Meguiars

I like poorboys but cannot afford to pay 50 dollars a gallon for there polishes. I have been buying alot of meguiars polish lately in gallons.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Check these guys out, they may have a rep in your area

http://www.prowax.com/index.shtml

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by truckerbaer
    Check these guys out, they may have a rep in your area

http://www.prowax.com/index.shtml
    Thats the sh!t...I ordered few products from them. Very good services

Post Thanks / Like

Auto Magic is a great value and is avaliable at your local PBE store (most likely). I`ve only tried their New Car Glaze and I like it a lot. TOL is good too.
    2004 Silver Dodge Ram QuadCab
    Yeah, it`s got a Hemi.

Post Thanks / Like

Auto Magic is a good choice. I use them for a lot of stuff and find their prices to be great. Malco is another company I used years ago and liked. Mail order is ok if you can keep the shipping costs down enough or the orders big enough to spread the cost out. If you can swing 5 gallon pails that will save you some dough. In my operation I use Auto Magic and Poorboys. You mentioned wheel and tire cleaner. Auto Magic has a product called Red Hot that I`ve used for a few years (cut with 3-5 parts water), which runs around $30-35 for 5 gallons. I used that for tires and fenderwellls plus wheels if it`s not a weekly or bi weekly car. My rep also has a line called dealers choice (think that is name). I use their water based dressing which I think is around $50 for 5 gallons. I was buying it by the gallon for $15 and got 5 gallon recently but got a break on price from regular price. I use other products from them. For my weekly customers and details I use PB for almost everything. I find PB pretty cost effective since I get a lot of cars done in a bottle or gallon of their stuff.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulk means different things to different people...most of the sponsors of Detail City offer products in gallons, and some in 5 gallons and larger.
    If you are an enthusiast or weekend detailer who just likes to have larger quantities of products you are still a retail customer. If you are a part-time or Professional with a business, a tax ID#, a business checking or paypal account, and looking to buy larger sizes or cases of products, then you would be eligible to buy at wholesale pricing.

An example is buying fan belts at a local auto parts store....if you as an individual walk in and buy one fan belt or ten , it`s still retail pricing.
    Now if you are a mechanic and walk in with a business check or have a business account, you will get a percentage off so that you can make a profit and living off of the sale and installation of the belts.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Still Around
    Post Thanks / Like

Email prowax.com to see where a local distributor is located. At lot of their paint products aren`t the greatest but their cleaning products work excellent.

For wheels I`d suggest their Wheelie clean. I bought a 5 gallon bucket and it`s super concentrated. The 5 gallon bucket will make 55 gallons of working solution.

Their Green Nitro Degreaser also works really well. I use it on engine bays, tires, and wheel wells.

Their Heavy Duty Interior Cleaner is my absolute favorite product of theirs. It just cleans interiors so well. Mix it weak for dash and vinyl and mix it strong for use on carpets and stains. I do a strong mix and for cleaning dash I`ll spray it lightly on a rag and then wet it some more with water to dilute it down. Works excellent with a carpet extractor also. Doesn`t foam up that badly.

Stoner is then the next on my list. Their APC is another good choice instead of PRO`s Green Nitro and I believe it`s a little cheaper.

But their Trim Shine is where it`s at. When I ordered 5 gallons was around $55 on the door step. Works great for engine bays, dashes, wheel wells, and tires. The Bulk in the 5 gallon buckets is water-based btw while the aerosol is solvent based.

Their Invisible glass is also excellent and can be purchases in cases or a bulk 5 gallon jug. I go with the aerosol cans though because it`s easier to use.

For quick detailer and an easy working wax. You need to go with Poorboy. Get 5 gallons of his Spray and Wipe. Amazing stuff there and you can dilute it down for light dusting too. I use it for claying also.

His EX-P is also excellent. Apply it with an orbital and you can get a nice thin coat on there that`s easy to remove in the hottest and most humid weather. I know because we have both down here in New Orelans.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that pro lines like Auto Magic and Pro are great, but you can do better. Poorboy`s polishes, sealants, and wax are extremely easy to use and give excellent results. They get the job done well and fast. I stick to lines like PB`s when it comes to LSPs and "finishing work" if you will. I go with a pro line when I`m in the cleaning stage of a detail (wash, wheels/tires, degreasing, all the tough stuff). Good customers will recognize a quality wax, tire dressing, and any other results a more expensive product will produce. That`s why products like Natty`s, EX-P, and BnB, will always find their way onto a customer car. The extra satisfaction and quality is invaluable when it comes to pleasing customers.
    2004 Silver Dodge Ram QuadCab
    Yeah, it`s got a Hemi.

Thread Information