Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enuff View Post
    20" of rain through last night. No water in the house but lost one huge oak tree. Saw the sun this morning for a few minutes. Hope we`re done here for awhile. We`re about 20 miles east of Austin. IMHO---Events like this sure make you realize that someone else is in charge.
    Jay
    Is your phone working? I tried to call this weekend on Sunday. Just rang and rang.

Glad you guys are ok.

Let me know if you need anything.

Brandt K.
    Likes Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey All,

For those outside of Texas how do we get supplies over to Houston/ affected areas?
    I have been searching online for places where I can drop supplies in Atlanta that would be sent to Houston but none of the Food Banks/ Red Cross seem to have a program like this?
    Only seem to be able to donate money which is fine but I would imagine folks need supplies as well? I.e. Non perishable foods, diapers, baby formula etc?

Anyone have ideas?
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Raydiant, not sure if the collection efforts are stretching across state lines yet. I know College Station is holding a donation drive collecting the items you mentioned today, with the intent to load up trucks and send them down to Houston. My wife is going to the store today to get a bunch of the items. I know that doesn`t really help from Atlanta, sorry. Maybe there is a direct-donation to some of these efforts? I`m not sure.

I know the JJ watt foundation is getting a lot of press if you don`t trust the Red Cross...
    Likes Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Raydiant, not sure if the collection efforts are stretching across state lines yet. I know College Station is holding a donation drive collecting the items you mentioned today, with the intent to load up trucks and send them down to Houston. My wife is going to the store today to get a bunch of the items. I know that doesn`t really help from Atlanta, sorry. Maybe there is a direct-donation to some of these efforts? I`m not sure.

I know the JJ watt foundation is getting a lot of press if you don`t trust the Red Cross...
    Thanks NickClark. I am going to keep my ears to the ground and see if there is an organization that will be planning something. I donated to the RedCross but I felt like providing supplies would be helpful too. Hopefully my company will be doing something soon. They usually get involved when things like this happen.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post
    Thanks Migue thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Raydiant, got an email from a co-worker that the local Harley dealership here in CS (The Ranch Harley Davidson) - is also sending trucks down there a few times a week. I know this is a long-shot, but maybe your local Harley dealership will accept donations and then work with the "corporation" to get the goods down here?

I know its kind of a weird chain, but other than donating to a list of different Houston charity organizations, most of the volunteer work is grass-roots at this point. I bet the National Guard units start donation sites soon - might be another option.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Thanks NickClark. I am going to keep my ears to the ground and see if there is an organization that will be planning something. I donated to the RedCross but I felt like providing supplies would be helpful too. Hopefully my company will be doing something soon. They usually get involved when things like this happen.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information