Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Be safe and after that please get some beading shots of the various LSPs. JK

Take care.
    Can see Brandt heading to where the action is, trees blowing over, stop signs flying past his ears, boats going down the center of the streets, all the while he`s taking pictures to see whether it sheets or beads. God be with you folks down there.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh, Oneheadlite, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow! Be safe everyone who is in the affected areas.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We rode out the last hurricane when we lived in Brownsville. This one makes me really glad we moved 600 miles north!

Post Thanks / Like

People here are lined up to get gas. The costco near me, had a line of cars that wrapped around several times in the parking lot, and still continued 2 blocks south on the feeder to 59. (this was wednesday, thursday night and this morning)

People here are kind of going nuts. I see reports of people panic buying bottled water and batteries on the news. I saw at Sam`s they had to institute a limit of 1 case of water and 1 pack each of size of batteries. At Krogers, the store looked like the storm had already hit.... I saw one smart guy with a basket full of nothing but beer. (lotsa beer but cheap lonestar beer)

Should make for a fun couple days.

Schools have been cancelled today and monday.

We aren`t going to get a direct hit, but we`re gonna get pounded with lots and lots of rain.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TxChevyZ71 View Post

I saw one smart guy with a basket full of nothing but beer. (lotsa beer but cheap lonestar beer)

I bought a case of lonestar! I actually had somebody call me and want a detail this weekend...I was like..umm have you seen the weather forecast? I`m not pulling my car out of the garage this weekend. (unless of course I decide to have a beading contest between my car and truck- haha)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I bought a case of lonestar! I actually had somebody call me and want a detail this weekend...I was like..umm have you seen the weather forecast? I`m not pulling my car out of the garage this weekend. (unless of course I decide to have a beading contest between my car and truck- haha)
    For the right money, id pull a vehicle out of the garage.

I`m full up on Shiner right now. and lots of other stuff to drink if need be.

Kirk

Post Thanks / Like

Dang...Texas is a big state...and it looks like it`s gonna hammer almost all of it!!!! Expected to make landfall as a Category 3.....potential for 35" of rain??? are you kidding me???? Be safe down there folks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Dang...Texas is a big state...and it looks like it`s gonna hammer almost all of it!!!! Expected to make landfall as a Category 3.....potential for 35" of rain??? are you kidding me???? Be safe down there folks
    we`ll get the rain south of houston.

I hope I don`t need to pull out my boat... if so you`ll see me on the news in my boat with a beer in my hand. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TxChevyZ71 View Post
    we`ll get the rain south of houston.

I hope I don`t need to pull out my boat... if so you`ll see me on the news in my boat with a beer in my hand. LOL
    You better have one in each hand

Post Thanks / Like

Naw, you`ll see me with big ole Yeti cooler in the boat. (I think the Yeti is probably worth more than the jon boat Id be in)
    Likes nickclark08, Tc99m, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My wife went to HEB last night - shelves were stripped bare even here in CS. What`s (sorta) funny is that it was all the perishables like milk, cheese, etc. If you lose power, thats what is gonna spoil the quickest. Never understood that one.

Still got me some Hopadillo to drink and watch the rain come in and bead up on the fresh coat of FK 1000p haha!

Post Thanks / Like

Karbach is here in Houston and I have never been by. It`s a shame. Well that and I used to work in the area. Besides, I`d like the rims to still be on my Yukon when I get back.

There is a Mexican restaurant, just down dacoma from there. (pretty good food) Some co-workers went to eat there during lunch and came back kind of late. They got robbed in the restaurant at lunch.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This Hurricane Harvey is a meteorological "freak" in that it will meander along a coast and STAY for a prolonged period (up to three days) in a costal area. Not only that, it may make landfall, go BACK out to water, re-strengthen again into hurricane, and make a secondary landfall in the near area. Never has happened in modern weather record-keeping.

We`ll see if this a Katrina or even an Andrew weather history-making event. Let`s hope NOT!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

It`s gonna be a busy week in insurance claims! I`m already picking up OT this weekend.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    This Hurricane Harvey is a meteorological "freak" in that it will meander along a coast and STAY for a prolonged period (up to three days) in a costal area. Not only that, it may make landfall, go BACK out to water, re-strengthen again into hurricane, and make a secondary landfall in the near area. Never has happened in modern weather record-keeping.

We`ll see if this a Katrina or even an Andrew weather history-making event. Let`s hope NOT!!
    yea that pause and reform news was pretty crazy to hear about, getting hit that 2nd time would definitely cause a lot of chaos and destruction

Brandt K.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information