Post Thanks / Like

Any Austin detailers good at removing dog and other interior odors?

I need some help with removing some combination of dog//zoo/mold odor from my car`s interior (as conveyed by different people).
    I need someone sxperienced in removing the odor. The car has leather interior. I think the previous owner had a puppy in the back seats.
    Thanks

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Austin detailers good at removing dog and other interior odors?

I am not in Texas but experiences with dog odor interiors have taught me this -

If the dog junk has not soaked into the insulation of the carpeting, and the foam of the seats, there is a good chance the odor can be removed..

There have been some good results using Interior cleaning products that have enzymes to help remove odor bacteria, but not all work consistently and predictably..

If the dog was dirty and not regularly shampooed, and put in the car wet all the time, and all that smelly dog water dripped into the Interior seats and carpeting, soaking through to the foam and insulation, it will be a lot harder to get the smell out, it because it will probably be all over the entire area/s the dog spent its time..

I would personally use a lot of APC+ brushed in and Steamed, then immediately Extract everything many times until the Recovery tank had nothing but clean water in it..

And the entire Interior - every square inch - would need to be cleaned to insure the source of the smell is eliminated..

Your Detailer will have to literally follow his/her nose to trace the source/s of the smells and eliminate all of them...

Trying to clean and then cover up the smell with toxic "smells good" chemicals/bombs, will probably only make everyone sick who has to ride in the car afterwards.. I never cover up smells but instead eliminate the source/s and then the smell is gone..

The only real "odor eliminator" is when someone actually removes the source of the odor from the space..
    Good Luck !
    Dan F
    Likes CG6Lemon, xinkid liked this post

Thread Information