Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, thought I`d check in and get some input from appears to be a well established, knowledgeable community. I apologize for the long first post but figured it`s necessary.

`

I’m in the midst of having some paint work completed on my car, more specifically all plastic pieces are being sanded down completely, primed and resprayed. This is being done due to clearcoat failure on portions of nearly all the plastic pieces on the car (some more than others) including front/rear bumper, side grilles, rear license plate holder, side mirrors, and two rear pillar trim pieces.

`

The car in question is a red BMW that’s about 15 years old. I’m the second owner. The car has spent most of its life in Colorado and had a stint in Texas before I picked it up a little over a year ago. After taking a close look at panel alignments/ any noticeable paint discrepancies myself and getting confirmation from the body shop owner who’s working on the car, the paint appears to be original across the board. While sanding the panels down, he didn’t notice anything that led him to believe that any of the oxidized panels had been resprayed. However, judging from what I see, from a non detailers perspective, the paint/clear needs a good conditioning since the car seems to have been stored outdoors at one point in time, be it in the cold or hot, or even both. Let’s just say the previous owner was a bit negligent when it came to the car`s overall appearance.

`

Having said this, I’m looking to find an experienced detailer to take on the rest of the finish on the body—paint only. Through some research, I did come across Glistening Perfection out of the OC, however they’re much further than I was looking to travel which is a real bummer. ````

`

What I’m looking for:
    <ul>[*]A detailer who has experience with thinning clearcoats and can analyze each body panel individually and condition accordingly. I’m assuming a paint thickness gauge is a must given the circumstances?[*]Someone who is in or around the San Fernando Valley-- 818 area or within reasonable distance. Worst case mobile, however not sure how that would play out in the event the car needs some serious attention.[/list]

`

Any and all recommendation would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I am in orange county if you want to bring it out my way.` Its best to look at it in person and get a feel for the car and your expectations.` And definitely recommend going with a coating afterwards!

`

feel free to give me a call

Thread Information