Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been shopping to get a job done exactly like this:

Detailed with 2 stage polish and 22PLE glass coating - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

post #14 explains what was done.

I have the exact same car and I thought my paint was in decent condition but when I went to the one place I found in san diego I was quoted much higher than the price in the thread and was told it would be a 2 day job. I`d really like to get a second opinion but I`m having trouble finding someone in the San Diego, CA area who can do this type of detail. Most places I have called have never even heard of a 22ple or CQuartz finish. If anyone can point me in the right direction I`d appreciate it. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by built240
    I`ve been shopping to get a job done exactly like this:

Detailed with 2 stage polish and 22PLE glass coating - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

post #14 explains what was done.

I have the exact same car and I thought my paint was in decent condition but when I went to the one place I found in san diego I was quoted much higher than the price in the thread and was told it would be a 2 day job. I`d really like to get a second opinion but I`m having trouble finding someone in the San Diego, CA area who can do this type of detail. Most places I have called have never even heard of a 22ple or CQuartz finish. If anyone can point me in the right direction I`d appreciate it. Thank you.

You should expect to pay between $900-1100 for a 2-step service and coating....his price is actually on the low side, especially for your area. Personally I would look at Opti-Coat Pro or CQuartz Finest over 22ple, but to each their own.

There are several detailers close to you (Irvine/Orange area) that can do the job.

Who gave you the other quote? Also keep in mind lighting can play a big role in how pictures look...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    You should expect to pay between $900-1100 for a 2-step service and coating....his price is actually on the low side, especially for your area. Personally I would look at Opti-Coat Pro or CQuartz Finest over 22ple, but to each their own.

There are several detailers close to you (Irvine/Orange area) that can do the job.

Who gave you the other quote? Also keep in mind lighting can play a big role in how pictures look...

Even that seemed more realistic to me. My ballpark was about $750-$900 from what the other shop told me over the phone with using CQuartz. Then I was quoted $2k from them when they saw my car(I always though my car was pretty clean but i guess not). The thing is I`m going to have my car in the SoCal Euro Show on Sept 14th so I need to get the car done before then and keep it in my garage. Irvine/Orange is a little far so from the time I get back to San Diego, the car would need to be cleaned quite a bit. Im surprised there isnt anyone in the San Diego area or maybe there is and I just havent found any leads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by built240
    Even that seemed more realistic to me. My ballpark was about $1k. I was quoted $2k from adonisdetail for using CQuartz. The thing is I`m going to have my car in the SoCal Euro Show on Sept 14th so I need to get the car done before then and keep it in my garage. Irvine/Orange is a little far so from the time I get back to San Diego, the car would need to be cleaned quite a bit. Im surprised there isnt anyone in the San Diego area or maybe there is and I just havent found any leads.

Check your PM`s

Post Thanks / Like
    I replied to you on the m6 board - hope it helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    This car has a lot of swirls according to the OP, so a 2 step could take 20 or 30 hours. My price would be at least $1500 with Opti Coat

Check your PM`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    This car has a lot of swirls according to the OP, so a 2 step could take 20 or 30 hours. My price would be at least $1500 with Opti Coat

I think our definition of a 2-step may be different.

My 2-step is just that, going around the car with a compound making ONE full polishing cycle per section. I then following that up with a finishing polish by making ONE polishing cycle per section. My starting price for a 2-step is $600. If I have to make extra passes to get more correction, that is IMO another step and the price goes up, as it`s no longer what I consider to be a 2-step polish. It takes on average 3-5hrs to do ONE polishing cycle to the whole car for me. My packages are based on a $60/hr rate times the average time it takes me to do a car.

CQF application is $400

If you are going for 100% correction, hourly is the way to go. Keep in mind this is also a hobby for me now and I don`t mind making an extra pass here and there if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a 2-step I did on a Sapphire Black M5. I did do a few extra passes on a few panels and even wet sanded some RIDS at no extra charge, but this was a good client who I`ve done multiple cars for so I didn`t mind.

With the wheels, and glass being coated, this was a $1125 job with my pricing.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...detailing.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Right. When I said 20-30 hours, I meant a cutting step and a finishing step to get it swirl free. Not just a regular 2 step detail. Sorry.

I think our definition of a 2-step may be different.

My 2-step is just that, going around the car with a compound making ONE full polishing cycle per section. I then following that up with a finishing polish by making ONE polishing cycle per section. My starting price for a 2-step is $600. If I have to make extra passes to get more correction, that is IMO another step and the price goes up, as it`s no longer what I consider to be a 2-step polish. It takes on average 3-5hrs to do ONE polishing cycle to the whole car for me. My packages are based on a $60/hr rate times the average time it takes me to do a car.

CQF application is $400

If you are going for 100% correction, hourly is the way to go. Keep in mind this is also a hobby for me now and I don`t mind making an extra pass here and there if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Right. When I said 20-30 hours, I meant a cutting step and a finishing step to get it swirl free. Not just a regular 2 step detail. Sorry.

I figured so. My initial reply to the OP was simply based of a regular 2-step. Without seeing the car it`s hard for either of us to say, but $2000 could be very realistic if it requires much more work and the owner wants as close to 100% as possible

I got him in touch with Dave Saunders.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a "NEW SHERIFF" in town ............Dave Saunders is now in San Diego Street Dreams Detail - New Jersey`s Finest Car Care - Home any questions???.

Post Thanks / Like
    Disregard the "New Jersey`s finest car care" and insert Southern California`s as in all of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    OP - you are one lucky guy! You will be in good hands now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer, about 7 SoCal detailers got together this past Saturday in Aliso Viejo CA for a meet and worked on a Silver BMW.

Would of loved to work on your car, keep us posted on how things come out.

Personally I never worked show quality, skill not up there yet (only a hobbyist).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot guys. I`m glad I found this place. Tomorrow im going to meet with Dave. Maybe my car has more work than I thought. I guess i`ll just have to figure out how clean I want it. Its def not a show car. It has seen close to 200mph several times and at least once a week is over 140mph so its never going to be in flawless condition. I`ll have to talk with Dave about whats realistic for what I want and the price and find out where we stand. I`ll be sure to update you all. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information