Post Thanks / Like
    just need swirl and oxidation removal, just want my car to look good and I`m not expecting perfection or anything like that. I was quoted $600 and up but my budget is only about $500 max and I really can`t afford more than that. Can someone throw me a general number for this job? (just a small two doors car, even smaller than an old camry, no need to do front bumper) if $500 is too little, should I buy a dual action and start working by myself? I`m not really an expert at using machinery and I don`t think the result will be as good.

anyway, if there`s any detailer near san jose, let me know please, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    This would be a tempting reason to visit San Diego if it were February and knee deep in snow here.

Good luck with your search, I bet there are scores of detailers to choose from there.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfreak1988
    just need swirl and oxidation removal, just want my car to look good and I`m not expecting perfection or anything like that. I was quoted $600 and up but my budget is only about $500 max and I really can`t afford more than that. Can someone throw me a general number for this job? (just a small two doors car, even smaller than an old camry, no need to do front bumper) if $500 is too little, should I buy a dual action and start working by myself? I`m not really an expert at using machinery and I don`t think the result will be as good.

anyway, if there`s any detailer near san jose, let me know please, thank you.

you get 6 more cars for the same price and Ill come up there and dial them all in!

Post Thanks / Like
    hehe, thanks for the thought but I doubt I can get one let alone 6, it`s hopeless but the thought is nice.

do you think I can get much done with $500?

Post Thanks / Like
    500 would be sufficient enough to do a two step exterior polish or maybe even three varying from each detailer. Might even be able to get some light interior work done.

Post Thanks / Like
    500 for a small two door is an easy three step in 10 hours. Obviously you are not chasing every single scratch and RIDS, but a 105/203/85rd process would clean it up in the 90-95% range I would assume.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you very much for the advices, I`ve heard aaron`s custom detailing on san jose so I`ll give him a call.

Thread Information