Post Thanks / Like
    Hello gentleman,

My girlfriend recently came into the lease of a brand new 2011 Accord coupe in San Marino red. Nice car, gorgeous color. I have notice some swirls on it in the sun (which i`m sure the idiot dealer "detailers" caused) and would like to take care of those. Curious if it is a good idea to have a full detail done on a brand new car? Should we not waste our time since it is a lease?

Also, if anyone knows of any good detailers in Redding, CA it would be much appreciated. I stopped by a small place called Fine Machines Auto Parlor ran by a gentleman named Andy Pumford. Anyone have experience with him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of whether or not it is a lease, I would not hesitate one moment to have a full detail done. When I bought my 2008 Saturn Sky and my 2010 Acura TL (both brand new), I did a full detail on them. Although it does not take as long as a "used" vehicle, but it should still be done. You wll be suprised how dirty a clay bar gets on a brand new car, and what a good quality detail can do to the appearance/protection of a car. A full claying, polishing out of the swirls and then a good sealant and wax should be in order, and then just general maintenance with regular washes, and a bi-yearly or at the very least a yearly "mini" detail (eg. sealant & wax). Keep in mind that good washing techniques are crucial to keep it looking good and to reduce any swirling/marring. Keeping it clean and in good condition will obviously be to your advantage when the lease is up.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Thread Information