Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely, and my customers are all thrilled with the work I do for them and that`s why they don`t trust anyone else..to them, I`m the best and I have no complaints about that! I`m not going to get into a pissing match about which detailer is better. There are plenty of talented detailers on and off this forum like my buddy Joe at Superior Shine and Mike Phillips at Autogeek!

Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    being the best is subjective....and there is always someone better!
    Find BlackWow at Autopia-Carcare.com
    Black Wow

Post Thanks / Like
    yep, I remember some good ones from around the forums/events. Wish some of them still posted here like back in the day! However, it seems they have moved on!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think every detailer in this thread is Top Notch and we All are in same Boat. We all want to offer the best service and nothing less.... Sometimes a Customer wants to settle for a service of Lower quality..... Thats cool, because our Top quality of work shines through!!!

I think alot of people on this forum feel the same way i do when i said this.... I Strive for nothing but the best, everytime.

Happy Detailing!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, what it comes down to is good value for money. The best detail in the world, taking the car apart, cleaning, polishing or repainting every piece then reassembling the car is called restoration and costs thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of dollars.

Just because I could stay busy for a week or two on a car doesn`t mean I`m the best detailer or even that that`s the best detail. If the car is going to Pebble Beach to compete and is a car that could potentially win, then sure, take the two weeks and charge for it.

For me, the best detail is the one that makes my client`s car look as good as it can without sacrificing more paint than I absolutely have to or taking more of my client`s money than I think is justifiable given their expectations. Getting a paint job scratch free but making the paint so thin it`s going to fail or be a trap for the next detailer isn`t how I work. Again, good value for money.

I`m the detailer at Family Classic Cars in San Juan Capistrano. If you want to see my work, even see me work, go to their website and take control of their web cams. You`ll have to use IE and allow the web eye plug in, but you can move the cameras around the showrooms after you do.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteWizard
    For me, what it comes down to is good value for money. The best detail in the world, taking the car apart, cleaning, polishing or repainting every piece then reassembling the car is called restoration and costs thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of dollars.

Just because I could stay busy for a week or two on a car doesn`t mean I`m the best detailer or even that that`s the best detail. If the car is going to Pebble Beach to compete and is a car that could potentially win, then sure, take the two weeks and charge for it.

For me, the best detail is the one that makes my client`s car look as good as it can without sacrificing more paint than I absolutely have to or taking more of my client`s money than I think is justifiable given their expectations. Getting a paint job scratch free but making the paint so thin it`s going to fail or be a trap for the next detailer isn`t how I work. Again, good value for money.

I`m the detailer at Family Classic Cars in San Juan Capistrano. If you want to see my work, even see me work, go to their website and take control of their web cams. You`ll have to use IE and allow the web eye plug in, but you can move the cameras around the showrooms after you do.

Robert

great post robert. i total agree with you on the restoration vs detail that most customers want. i do for my customers what they ask. if they want perfection, then we will strive for that. i have seen so many people on this and different forums say they are the best, only to be proven wrong by work they produce. i would never claim to be the best, just the best i can be.

i have seem a lot of work by a lot of people and most in person are a lot different than the pics they post. then some are awesome in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    got this one done! pics will be posted up on friday after I get some sun shots (finished a little late on monday)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information