Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Sir... We were hand selected by the Optimum rep out here in SD. Opti-Coat is awesome! And it`s great for San Diego cars. We endure a ton of fallout out here. It reduces your embedded fallout significantly! Plus the dealers out here are still heavily pushing Teflon`s for $1,000. We offer brand new car Opti-Coats at a fraction of that cost.
    San Diego`s Finest Auto Detail Company

Check us out online!

www.5pointdetail.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/5-point-mobi...il-san-diego-3

Post Thanks / Like
    As a for instance, the big guy car wash (name deleted) in San Diego offers their complete detail (at half the quality) for the same price as us. And then the they have an asterisk *Teflon Sealant Applied for Additional $299. 5 Year Warranty. Now that is shady business... Especially since I know where they get their products... You will not find claims like that here.

Check us out online!

www.5pointdetail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Need someone to detail in San Marcos area. Black Infiniti G35. PM me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill cruise down if you want to wait til the 23rd. I have like 4 more trips going on to the SD area this month alone

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent PM.

Link too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pointadam
    As a for instance, the big guy car wash (name deleted) in San Diego offers their complete detail (at half the quality) for the same price as us. And then the they have an asterisk *Teflon Sealant Applied for Additional $299. 5 Year Warranty. Now that is shady business... Especially since I know where they get their products... You will not find claims like that here.
    I`ve been meaning to post a review for quite a while, so without further adieu:

My experience with 5 Point Detail was less than satisfactorily. I would not recommend them to anyone who is truly obsessive with their car.

I took my car in for a wash and to remove some stubborn water spots on my windows. When they were done, I pointed out a lot of missed spots. What I really didn`t like though is they were unable to remove any water spots YET still charged me for it. What the hell???!?! When I questioned this, they said they charge by the hour. Well, if you saw that you weren`t able to remove my my water spots, why would you continue to try on the rest of the windows? After some arguing, they agreed to not charge me. HOWEVER, upon closer inspection at home, I found that when they used the steel wool, they scratched the black rubber trim all around the windows AND also added a TON of very fine scratches/swirls on my windows even though I expressed concern for this and they guarantee it won`t happen because they know the "proper technique" with steel wool.

The guy who was coordinating the place at the time I was there also dressed and acted like a damn guido. I guess that`s not relevant to the quality of their work, but I`m irked enough to point this out.

Definitely not going back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
    I`ve been meaning to post a review for quite a while, so without further adieu:

My experience with 5 Point Detail was less than satisfactorily. I would not recommend them to anyone who is truly obsessive with their car.

I took my car in for a wash and to remove some stubborn water spots on my windows. When they were done, I pointed out a lot of missed spots. What I really didn`t like though is they were unable to remove any water spots YET still charged me for it. What the hell???!?! When I questioned this, they said they charge by the hour. Well, if you saw that you weren`t able to remove my my water spots, why would you continue to try on the rest of the windows? After some arguing, they agreed to not charge me. HOWEVER, upon closer inspection at home, I found that when they used the steel wool, they scratched the black rubber trim all around the windows AND also added a TON of very fine scratches/swirls on my windows even though I expressed concern for this and they guarantee it won`t happen because they know the "proper technique" with steel wool.

The guy who was coordinating the place at the time I was there also dressed and acted like a damn guido. I guess that`s not relevant to the quality of their work, but I`m irked enough to point this out.

Definitely not going back.

I took spots off a car, from sprinklers, that had been sitting in the sun for weeks or months.

It required compound and a lot of pressure, but I got them off the windows and the body.

This was after the vinegar didn`t work on the windows.

Sounds like these guys don`t know what they`re doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, there`s nothing more I hate than false, overconfident advertisement. They keep saying they are the best. FAR from it.

Anyway, I`m taking my car to detailworks.com. Even though they advertise a Teflon sealant, I took my car in so they can see if they are able to remove my waterspots. They were, so I`m gonna get that done this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy, there is nothing that upsets me more than an unhappy customer. Honestly, we try our best with every job and sometimes we just don`t get it right. This message is for not a virus and any other potential customer. If you are ever dissatisfied with your work please feel free to contact me (adam) at adam@5pointdetail.com or 619-972-6524 and I will make sure that we handle your issues promptly and completely. To this case directly, if there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

Check us out online!

www.5pointdetail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    No one mentioned Tim Coats @ Adonis in Carlsbad 760.815.5933 knows what to do......................

Post Thanks / Like
    I still go down to SD, though not as often, to handle repeat customers. Let me know if you would like some help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anybody recommend a good auto body paint shop in San Diego? Inexpensive?

I have a small Honda CRX with a poor paint job (from previous owner) and i don`t think it can be salvaged without a repaint!
    Autopia member since `05

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I actually grew up in San Diego County and yes, we have a couple of great detailers in the San Diego area. In North San Diego County we have Jason Leonardo that can take car of all your needs. We also have Rigo Santana, Brian Smith and Mark Parcell who have all been through my Master Certification Training programs. Give me a call and I can steer you in the right direction. MEL CRAIG (760) 803-1955 and happy holidays to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fueler

I have a small Honda CRX with a poor paint job (from previous owner) and i don`t think it can be salvaged without a repaint!

those two words dont go hand in hand, hence why your paint job is poor right now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fueler

Those two words dont go hand in hand, hence why your car has a poor paint job on it now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information