Post Thanks / Like
    anyone know of any detailing schools in dallas or near mesquite? Or any detailing gurus in the dallas area that would be willing to teach me? (ps im a complete noob) thanks in advancedfor any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly are you looking to do? Start a side buisness, or just take care of your own car? And are you going to use hand, DA polisher, or a rotary?

If you just wanna take care of your own car you can learn online, and a DA polisher is pretty fool-proof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look for Anthony Orosco on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s holds detailing classes around the country, you can call them and ask if they have any scheduled in your area, and if not, get the name of your nearest few Meguiar`s distributors and ask them if they would be willing to host a class. Usually the turnout is pretty good and the distributors get to sell some product and gain some new customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you wanting to learn and for what reasons?? How far are you wanting to go with it?

DIY?

Start a Detail Business?

Fleet Washing?

What are your purposes for wanting to learn?

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse
    Look for Anthony Orosco on here.

He`s in San Antonio, too far away.

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the replies everyone.... i first want to learn how to do my own car. Once i get good enough with my car i want to slowly start moving to doing it as a side job

Post Thanks / Like
    Well in DFW area you have three top notch guys Brian Hare (detailwerkz) Joshvette, and Scottwax, maybe they can set up something for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve done a few "teaching" details where I work with the owner to detail their car. Of course, regular detailing charges + the extra time would apply.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I`ve done a few "teaching" details where I work with the owner to detail their car. Of course, regular detailing charges + the extra time would apply.

Yup, same here, I`ve even had them standing over me with pen and notepad. I don`t mind helping someone learn the proper techniques and such to help them take better care of there prized possesions.

I think I might put myself out of business though if I was training detailers to do equal work as myself....:buffing::lol

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    what are yalls rates?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oakcliffralf
    what are yalls rates?

You should take a look at the click and brag section of this forum to get a better idea of what we do. Not sure how serious you are about this.

You`re best bet is to probably contact us either by phone or personal email for the rest of your questions.

Are you out of Oakcliff? Dont` know that there`s much market for detailers in that area....

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh,

Even if someone knows the steps and products you use, will they have the dicipline to work a car for ten hours straight?? or do the things consistantly day after day the way you do it......... me thinks that if it were that easy then everyone would be correcting cars at a high level and we know that is just not the case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
    Josh,

Even if someone knows the steps and products you use, will they have the dicipline to work a car for ten hours straight?? or do the things consistantly day after day the way you do it......... me thinks that if it were that easy then everyone would be correcting cars at a high level and we know that is just not the case.

Good point, I just don`t know anything about the person starting this thread and have not gotten a call or email or anything from him so I wonder how serious he is about it all..... (maybe he called someone else, I don`t know)

Josh

Thread Information