Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes, good `ole Craigslist... Yikes, no wonder theres alot of hacks out there.

Car Wash / Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    They`re asking a lot of $8.00/hr. What does $8.00/hr buy you these days? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, kinda near the new minimum wage too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    They`re asking a lot of $8.00/hr. What does $8.00/hr buy you these days? :nixweiss

Exactly....

"This job requires hard work, high quality and high production all with a good attitude." Anything else for $8 an hrl??? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    That number is pretty much on par with the rate that is made. A body shop in many cases, are not looking for anyone to do anything more than wash the cars, that`s it. So it is not surprising to see an $8.00/hr wage.

What we define as a detailer on this site is not how the greater population views us. Many think that we "just wash cars". In this case however, it seems that this body shop just wants someone to wash cars and maybe put a coat of glaze onto the car.

Now the building maintenance is another story.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol eight dollars an hour are you kidding me! i have a buddy who works at a wash n lube for 9 hour and all he does is vacuum interiors lol and he gets tips!! thats the problem with this industry to much undercharging for what a real detailer can do!!

PATHETIC!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    That number is pretty much on par with the rate that is made. A body shop in many cases, are not looking for anyone to do anything more than wash the cars, that`s it. So it is not surprising to see an $8.00/hr wage.

What we define as a detailer on this site is not how the greater population views us. Many think that we "just wash cars". In this case however, it seems that this body shop just wants someone to wash cars and maybe put a coat of glaze onto the car.

Now the building maintenance is another story.

Took the words right out of me. I don`t know how it is in the rest of the country, but in the LA area 9 out of 10 (or more) body/detail shops are like "huhhhh?" when it comes down to finishing correctly. They just can`t see how it can get better than dirty heavy wool & glaze. So I guess $8/hr isn`t too bad (If you a high school or college kid) considering your work will not be expected to be nowhere near Autopian standards. Heck, I bet you could make what we consider a mess out of the paint and still be praised for turning out so much "high quality" work in a high production environment.:nervous2:

Thread Information