Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now he`ll spend the money twice....

PM sent.
    Triple Honda Owner

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in North Carolina (prices of things are lower here), and if Superior Shine or Spoiledman were here, and would detail my cars once a year for $300 - $400 each, I would consider that a bargain (based off the work they do), and would just sell my PC and rotary along with all of the rest of my detailing stuff, and just let them do it.

If I was the OP, I would have jumped at "starting at $300" and called it a day, and enjoyed cruising in my better than new ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s just a common case of getting what you pay for, glad he was hapy with the amount of money exitting his wallet. I guess alure detail isn`t very good:lol

Post Thanks / Like
    The best part is that he isn`t happy so he is going to do it himself with a rented PC. He will probably think he did a great job and then start doing it on the weekends. Then we will find a post where someone isn`t happy with the work he did!! LOL!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior Fine
    The best part is that he isn`t happy so he is going to do it himself with a rented PC. He will probably think he did a great job and then start doing it on the weekends. Then we will find a post where someone isn`t happy with the work he did!! LOL!

LMAO full circle my friend, everything comes back around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    I live in North Carolina (prices of things are lower here), and if Superior Shine or Spoiledman were here, and would detail my cars once a year for $300 - $400 each, I would consider that a bargain (based off the work they do), and would just sell my PC and rotary along with all of the rest of my detailing stuff, and just let them do it.

If I was the OP, I would have jumped at "starting at $300" and called it a day, and enjoyed cruising in my better than new ride.

One of the best compliments I have ever received! Thanks!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    the guy`s website doesn`t even work (despite it being a recent Craigslist posting), so that`s one bad sign already.

And if this is the same Allure Auto Detailing, here`s a sampling of how he works:

YouTube - Allure Auto Detail 2007_09_23 - Color Sanding

Post Thanks / Like
    whats with the hatred here? yes i am honestly dissapointed. the thing i am interested in Allure last time was that he can come over at my place and do the job and i thought it would be great. Oh well...

Post Thanks / Like
    No hatred. We are in the business and see it all the time thats all. You didnt cheap out when you bought a car. Lexus is an awesome car but, you did when you hired a detailer.

File it under lesson learned. Better luck next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicalrev
    whats with the hatred here? yes i am honestly dissapointed. the thing i am interested in Allure last time was that he can come over at my place and do the job and i thought it would be great. Oh well...

I am pretty sure every one of these fine detailers are mobile, and each of them would turn your car into a work of art. Unfortunately you were looking under aaafordable detailing in the yellow pages.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello,

i was wondering if anyone around west LA could do only the buffing for my car

i drive a 2005 bmw m3 silver gray and have zaino`d my car since i purchased it new

i do own a PC and some zaino polish and have kept my car in great shape

im not looking for a money saving deal, but dont need the full treatment of waxes as i like to apply zaino polymers on my car

ive never done any engine cleaning and would like to get that done

please let me know if anyone can help me

my zipcode is 90035 and would prefer taking my car to you as my condo`s garage has no electrical outlets

Post Thanks / Like
    We service the 90035 area maybe 4 to 5 times a month. That area is very dense. I have a place in Hawthorne or Arcadia we can do it if your willing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe@Superior Shine
    Well looks like he got it handled - LOL !!

Detailed....Dissapointed....How? - Club Lexus Forums

I guess he got "ALLURE" on craigslist. I love to hear the other side of the story.

Allure Mobile Auto Detail and Car Wash: Los Angeles :We Drive To You

WOW!!!! this was done by a young guy that started in the detail business because of the cheap start up. He used the detail business to learn website design. hes long gone now very successful in the website business. he learned how to polish with the D.A. Porter Cable and a light polish with wax.he got what its what was described as a "Light Polish" I agree what he needed was a paint correction. Now the business is ran by me Josh Cortez Trained by Mel Craig from the detail pros School.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information