Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    PM`d you back.

Let me know possible good dates for your schedule and if you have any other friends that need a high end detail let me know, otherwise I`ll get some of my own clients together.

I`ll need a full day on the car starting early.

Thanks,

Josh

Call, PM or email me, all my info is on my website under my homepage.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I was pm`d and couldnt do it. I don`t have a rotary and that cc is too hard for my pc...well unless I want to spend 15+ hours on it. Also I don`t have the back for it, I don`t have the back for much anything hahaha. If Josh goes to do this I would love to be able to watch for a bit if possible. If you don`t want this becoming a party I totally understand, I would just like to see a rotary being used by someone that knows what they are doing. Once again sorry for not being able to help. By the way did you ever contact the guy I told you about?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay
    Well I was pm`d and couldnt do it. I don`t have a rotary and that cc is too hard for my pc...well unless I want to spend 15+ hours on it. Also I don`t have the back for it, I don`t have the back for much anything hahaha. If Josh goes to do this I would love to be able to watch for a bit if possible. If you don`t want this becoming a party I totally understand, I would just like to see a rotary being used by someone that knows what they are doing. Once again sorry for not being able to help. By the way did you ever contact the guy I told you about?

J. If Lorenzo`s okay with it, I`m okay with you joining. May take a while though as GM paint is typically very hard and difficult to correct.

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    MobileJay, I did contact the guy you told me about. And if Josh ends up doing it, I don`t mind you watching in. not a problem for me.

Actually i`m just waiting on the body shop to pick a quote. that`s all i`m waiting for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thanks a lot, I will definetly be there.

Josh, thats one of the reasons I was not able to do the job. I only have a pc and like I said before, my back couldn`t take all that work with a pc.

Post Thanks / Like
    the bodyshop SHOULD be Paying for Joshvette`s recovery (correction)!!! . i would really go back there with the side by side pics and raise some hel! once its completed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Deenice. Show them what JoshVette can do, and how perfect it can be with a PROPER detailer with SKILL.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK update:

here`s what the body shop says... first off, the guy`s really nice. he said he knows they messed up, but i need to give them a chance to FIX their mistake. i need to leave the car with them, and they`ll take better care this time, and they`ll wetsand it and fix the problem. if they gauge the clear coat and see that it`s not good enough, then they`ll apply a new clear coat. he said he wants to keep me as a customer, but he can`t pay an outsider to do the work, not when he hasn`t even had a chance to try to fix his problem. he said it`s got a lifetime warranty, and if something ever happens in the future i just bring it back and he`ll fix it.

what should i do...

it`s a) bring it to him and get him to try to fix it, or b) find someone else to do it, and pay it out of my pocket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Ice
    OK update:

here`s what the body shop says... first off, the guy`s really nice. he said he knows they messed up, but i need to give them a chance to FIX their mistake. i need to leave the car with them, and they`ll take better care this time, and they`ll wetsand it and fix the problem. if they gauge the clear coat and see that it`s not good enough, then they`ll apply a new clear coat. he said he wants to keep me as a customer, but he can`t pay an outsider to do the work, not when he hasn`t even had a chance to try to fix his problem. he said it`s got a lifetime warranty, and if something ever happens in the future i just bring it back and he`ll fix it.

what should i do...

it`s a) bring it to him and get him to try to fix it, or b) find someone else to do it, and pay it out of my pocket.

That`s a toughy, I`d say this to anyone, even if I wasn`t personally involved.

First off, don`t let them bully you around like that, get a lawyer or whatever and take them to small claims court......you should be able to fix it whatever way you feel is best.

Body shops are not known for there skills with the buffer (hence how you got the swirls to begin with) and if they`re talking about wetsanding and respraying the car that means they don`t know how to properly fix the problem.

When a car is resprayed, you never know how it`s going to turn out as well, (unless you have a very reputable experienced painter) most resprays I`ve seen come out with horrible orange peel and the likes.

These guys are admitting fault but then telling you, you have to fix it the way they say or else they won`t pay for it tells me they are NOT ON THE LEVEL....

Remember this, a year or two from now, you`re still going to be looking at that same paint, what do you want your paint to look like?

Do what`s best for the car.

Josh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information