Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys looking for a pro detailer to clay and apply multiple coats of zaino wax to my new car for the first time (live in a condo and don`t the facilities to do it myself) Any recommendations for a trusted professional in the Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey/ Venice area?

Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoot SpoiledMan a pm.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Paul!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the other pc
    Shoot SpoiledMan a pm.
    As I was about to say same thing myself "I don`t have much to add".

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoke w/ Chris via Pm`s earlier today....unfortunately he won`t be able to help me at this time, was unclear whether it was due to the facilites at my condo (not allowed to wash cars on premises) or needing to get it done this week (I guess he`ll let me know later). Anyone else out there have any referrals for me that I could trust the job to?

Thanks for your responses, much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Drew I`ll PM you. I lost my cable connection as I was sending you a PM earlier.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    so you just want a wash, clay, and zaino wax applied 3 times...thats it???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    so you just want a wash, clay, and zaino wax applied 3 times...thats it???

I guess that`s where the pro comes in......the car`s a week old, I`m not sure what else I need at this stage (obviously an interior, glass, and tire wipedown as well).

Like I mentioned to Chris, I didn`t realize it would be so hard to find someone who does quality work in my area. Perhaps the problem is that I can`t use a mobile service?

Post Thanks / Like
    wondering why you cant use a mobile service? Does your community have a contract with another detailer?

ONR, clay, Zaino done by hand, take it to a DIY coin op for the vacuum (or use a cordless one for a quick vacuum), glass, tires, dash, DONE

If you have the Zaino, I can help you out, but I am in orange county

I just did a new car prep for Big AL...ONR, clay, poliseal, carnuba, wheels, tires, glass

should be all you need, unless the dealer detailed it...LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it goes as far as my condo association having a contract w/ another detailer but rather they don`t allow ANY washing or detailing of cars on premises. Unfortunately I don`t have any supplies at this time, I`ve lived in Manhatan for the last 10 years and have been out of the game for a while (last I heard Zymol was the "it" product).

That`s why I was looking for someone who could do the first step and then recommend a cleaning routine and products (shampoo, interior and leather cleaner, wheel cleaner, glass cleaner, and tire dressing) that I could carry out at the local coin wash (I know enough not to actually use the wand on the car but just to fill my bucket and rinse the car) in between bimonthly full details.

I really appreciate the offer to help and if I can`t find someone in the next week or so I may have to take that drive to Orange County. I just really wanted someone local I could take the car to on a regular basis who "knows" me and the car.

BTW what`s "ONR"

Post Thanks / Like
    optimum no rinse....a rinseless car wash

let me know if you need some help next week

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to do high quality mobile paint polishing in this area since I live near Culver City, but I`ve since opened a shop in Placentia, so I don`t do mobile work anymore. For situations like yours, I`ve actually had my customers bring their cars to my house where I did the work. Maybe you could do that with one of the local detailers?
    Find BlackWow at Autopia-Carcare.com
    Black Wow

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
    I used to do high quality mobile paint polishing in this area since I live near Culver City, but I`ve since opened a shop in Placentia, so I don`t do mobile work anymore. For situations like yours, I`ve actually had my customers bring their cars to my house where I did the work. Maybe you could do that with one of the local detailers?

That would definitely work for me....do you have any contacts that remain in the Culver City area that you trust to do quality work. Did your clients follow you to your new location or did you refer them to someone else after you moved? (if this is to personal or against forum policy please feel free to pm me)

Post Thanks / Like
    So what ever happened? Sounds like a job we did a few months ago in that area. Did we do your car? Was it the Lotus?
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Thread Information