Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    George, I know you`re looking into a spot for July 29th, but we also have a "confirmed" spot available in Pomona for June 8th should we want it (if the 8th works for everyone). If EF1 can`t work, I could check and see if the 29th would work for Pomona?

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, just a reminder that I have a black M35 at our disposal in OC that I could pick up on my way - I think we`d have a hard time finding a better car, as it has a full year worth of bad washes, requiring heavy compounding for sure...plus, the Infinities have pretty soft paint and will challenge our ability to finish down...not to mention the body shape is very "detailer friendly."

Post Thanks / Like
    so is this something that only a few are welcomed to, or is it open for everyone willing to learn a little bit???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    so is this something that only a few are welcomed to, or is it open for everyone willing to learn a little bit???

I think its for pro`s only...but I could be wrong...

Post Thanks / Like
    Back from my vacation...it was really hard at first, but I think I went a day or two without thinking about cars and detailing.

Anything locked down yet?

This cross-training session is basically full (trying to keep small), but there will be more (I hope); in fact, maybe I`ll host the next one in SD (not sure how many can make the trip all the way down here). The sessions aren`t limited to pros by any means...just people who can actively contribute to the session; I suppose a non-pro who has detailed 50 or so vehicles on the side would have plently of experience.

Also, I highly encourage a more general "meet"...I just don`t want to be the one coordinating it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAG
    Back from my vacation...it was really hard at first, but I think I went a day or two without thinking about cars and detailing.

Anything locked down yet?

I found a location in Murrieta . . . VERY close to confirmation. I am getting pictures of the premises and a go-ahead from the HOA this week. Parking lot with 25-30 spaces, power, built-in BBQ, picnic area, pool area. The development is small and the rec center is rarely used as most of the homeowners have bought these places as 2nd or 3rd investments. I know its far for some but I see some benefits, including not taking over somebody`s house, the option to BBQ and swim and have plenty of open space.

George and I spoke and he suggested pushing this event out to early fall, Sept/Oct might be a better time of year? Yes the season will be nearly over with but it seems as though too many of us are running too many directions. Shi. . I have three weddings in an eight week span.

Another option for early fall if people are not down for Murreita might also be the IE location. It seems they are swamped and don`t have room for us sooner.

How do you peoples feel about Fall? Murrieta? Anything?

:waxing:
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    let me know if you guys are still interested in rancho, i`d be happy to do it and would love to learn. i know it`s starting to get hot, but early or late in the day is still not too bad temperature wise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are u guys still looking for a host place? And if so can it be at a house? I live in walnut (where the 57 and 60 fwy meet), have a 2k2 accord that is BLACK. She was parked outside for a little over a year in Hi. and mainly garage kept while here in Cal. Any weekend is good for me. I am not a professional detailer but i do take pride in my car. I can take pics if needed and will say that she does have "spiderwebs" thaks to some knuckle head at an autobody shop. The only professional work that i had done was the windows cleaned, Hi has very hard rain water. There are a few spots around the corners and edges that can still be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I have tried this a number of times over the years. It is extremely difficult to do . Detailers for the most part are flakes. I hate to say it but I is true.

We did have two small get togethers in Laughlin Nev. a few years ago where about 6 of us met up.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior Fine
    Hey guys, I have tried this a number of times over the years. It is extremely difficult to do . Detailers for the most part are flakes. I hate to say it but I is true.

We did have two small get togethers in Laughlin Nev. a few years ago where about 6 of us met up.

I wish you were wrong...but I`ll have to agree with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    If we have here in SD, I`ll bet I could get this gal`s car (which is absolutely destroyed) for us to work on if I give her a 1/2 price detail. Cause I`m not sure she`ll pay full price. But it`s about as bad as they come (I usually have a hard time capturing swirls with my lousy camera phone...but it was no problem on this one).

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....6&page=1&pp=12

Post Thanks / Like
    did you guys ever end up meeting? i think a more general meet would appeal to more people, thus translating in this actually ever happening.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information