Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by intoran

Also, the way the law reads states that your car doesn`t need to be registered in GA. So in essence if you are just passing through you could be ticketed. Makes no sense to me.

Check article IV, section 1 of the Constitution before you get too worried about that... Basically, if your car is legally registered (including inspection, if needed) and conforms to the laws of your home state, GA has to respect that.

Post Thanks / Like
    sokoloff- Welcome to Autopia!

Heh heh, while you`re right about the "if your car ... conforms to the laws of your home state, GA has to respect that", I wouldn`t try convincing a GA LEO in the middle of the night lest you want a, uhm, interesting tale to tell

I`ve been keeping my opinions to myself on this thread, but anybody (not just LEOs, but *anybody*) who`s had to deal with "unknowns" in a darkly tinted car at night, should understand why this can be a life or death issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    sokoloff- Welcome to Autopia!

Heh heh, while you`re right about the "if your car ... conforms to the laws of your home state, GA has to respect that", I wouldn`t try convincing a GA LEO in the middle of the night lest you want a, uhm, interesting tale to tell

I`ve been keeping my opinions to myself on this thread, but anybody (not just LEOs, but *anybody*) who`s had to deal with "unknowns" in a darkly tinted car at night, should understand why this can be a life or death issue.

I think your argument sucks and I`ll tell you why. If it`s in fact true that a tinted car can cause dangers then why allow the back window and side rear windows? A person riding in the back can very easily shoot a cop through the window while the driver has his hands on the wheel. Second, a cop 99% of the time approaches a car from the back not from the front. Why can`t the front windshield have tint then? It would make much more sense to outlaw tints on the backwindow than the front. Wouldn`t you agree? If it`s about life and death to the police then make it no tint at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Estranged
    I think your argument sucks and I`ll tell you why. If it`s in fact true that a tinted car can cause dangers then why allow the back window and side rear windows? A person riding in the back can very easily shoot a cop through the window while the driver has his hands on the wheel. Second, a cop 99% of the time approaches a car from the back not from the front. Why can`t the front windshield have tint then? It would make much more sense to outlaw tints on the backwindow than the front. Wouldn`t you agree? If it`s about life and death to the police then make it no tint at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Black Mustang GT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information