Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone is detailing in the Charleston SC area that has/uses a paint depth gauge? I had some scratches on my trunk lid where a box was placed and slid off and caused a bunch of random straight scratches. One or two I can feel with my fingernail and longest is about 3". No visible paint coming through so I think it is deep in the clear. I tried a Flex with orange pad and SIP which removed some of the lighter scratches but some of them remained. I wet sanded the rest with 2000 grit and hit them with a Flex and SIP/orange and Powerfinish/green. It looks like 2 still remain which were the ones i could feel with a thumbnail. They are really on a visible at certain angles and at night under halide/flourescent lights. I am concerned about sanding any more on them since I haven`t done a lot of wetsanding and always have that fear of going through the clear. I was hoping someone local had a paint gauge they could throw on it and see how many mils I am working with and also a professional opinion if it is even worth trying to remove completely.