Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone:

Brand new to the forums, yet fully welcomed by one its most respected members, David Fermani.

In 2011 I purchased a new Crimson Black Nissan Maxima. Shortly thereafter, the car was involved in an accident. Some bodywork was done and the car was buffed with a high speed rotary polisher to blend in a panel. They went over the entire car as a "favor", I assume. Unfortunately for me, deep buffer trails and holograms were instilled. I couldn`t believe how terrible the car looked. As soon as the bright South Florida sun hit the car the day after picking it up, I was absolutely stunned. I took the car back to the body shop and asked what they could possibly be doing wrong. They assured me they could resolve the issue.

After multiple visits where the swirls and buffer trails were filled in with sealant and wax after being polished again, it would rain. The holograms were back in an instant and looked worse each time they touched the car.

I thought that going to another detailer might fix the problem. They too used the same method and the same machine. It was apparent that everyone had my best interest at hand with their attention to detail and willingness to recognize the issue. No one tried to contest the fact that my paint looked terrible in the bright sun. However, all of them suffered from the same problem: use of the wrong equipment. Over the course of nearly a year and being put under the impression that "just one more time..." might fix the swirled mess, I decided to look elsewhere for a true answer to my car`s problem.

After some research I found Autopia.org. I noticed that David Fermani was held in high regard post after post by other users. I saw that he had a location in South Florida and found a phone number to give him a call--way after business hours. He picked up the phone on my first ring and informed me that he wasn`t operating in my area any longer, yet still went on to speak with me about the issues and concerns I had for almost half an hour. He went into detail in regards to why the holograms continued to "come back" and who would be able to fix them. He said that there were only a few in my state to be trusted with this issue. He then gave me Robert Diterlizzi`s name. He told me to Google Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing and give Robert a call and let him know that David sent me his way.

Again, I was calling after hours. Robert picked up and was willing to answer all of my questions and even offered to inspect my paint for clearcoat failure or burn free of charge. He met me at his shop on a Sunday on short notice. We spent about an hour talking about the problem and he assured me that his method was to be trusted and would be different from all of the other detailers I had brought the car to. He closed his shop`s garage, turned the lights off, and brought an LED light out. The buffer trails, swirls, and holograms were on full display. After turning the lights back on, Robert taped down one of the door panels and let me watch him use what had eluded every other detailer in my area--a dual action polisher. He explained the nuances of the machine and the method in which he would remove the holograms. He polished with care, then sprayed down the area with an eraser to remove any filler left by the polish. He turned out the lights for a second time, and pulled off the tape. As soon as he turned on the LED light the result was clear. A giant rotary buffer trail led straight into a defect free area. The contrast was amazing. I left the car without hesitation and called my wife for a ride home.

Robert is straight forward, thorough, and friendly. He didn`t give me any trouble about picking the car up after hours to fit my work schedule. The car was returned to me today and it looks great. I can tell that he didn`t slap fillers into the paint to hide anything beneath, as the Crimson Black metallic flakes pop out like they haven`t ever before. In one step he was able to remove all of the defects that no one could get rid of for over a year.

It has already rained down on the work that he did. The sun came out and I went to take a look. No holograms.

I plan to take my car to Impressions from now on for any detailing work, interior and exterior.

Here is Impression`s Facebook page in case you`re interested in checking out some of Robert`s work:

https://www.facebook.com/Impressions...otiveDetailing

If you`re in the South Florida area, you need to use this shop. Robert uses the latest and best methods to detail and correct paint. Even if you`re an hour away, his expertise is worth the drive and the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is unfortunate that so many people have a similar experience to yours prior to finding David & Robert. It is those numerous other high volume shops that make it difficult for those of us who do high quality work to convince customers that there is a difference and that the prices are justified.

Glad Robert was able to help you see the light...er, dark of your paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert does amazing work! I have seen it in person. Just as important he is honest and just a straight up great guy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know everything worked out. Robert is pretty goofy, but is da man!!!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert, the olde fart?

Just kidding, awesome guy.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be in touch with him! I need my car detailed!

Thread Information