Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3
    Depending on your schedule, I may be able to help you in Atlanta. Please email me direct at paintpolisher@gmail.com

Thanks,

Bryan

Thanks Bryan. I will reach out. This may make sense since it is better to protect car before hitting the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure if I understand you. Your looking for experiance, but aren`t willing to pay for it? David Fermani is very reasonable, but yet highly talented for what he does. David is in the top teir of detailers across the country. Now your looking for someone to apply two things that both can be expensive. Clear bra film itself isn`t cheap. Then to find someone to install it as well? Sorry if I sound a bit confused here. As detailers we provide a service. Simply put in this business you get what you pay for. We are craftsmen that can care for a vehicle properly. Base price on your car is $46000. Yet your unwilling to pay up take manage the vehicle? OptiCoat is a permanent protection. Its not cheap. David is one of the first to have used it. He has tested this and used it many times. You won`t find a more experianced person to do it. Its people like you that make me laugh. Its like walking into Macy`s and expecting Walmart prices. I never understood this at all. Sorry if I sound a little arrogant. I`m not trying to and thats not my intentions. Detailers are a dime a dozen, espescially in your area. Talented detailers are few and far in between. This reminds me of another BMW thread http://www.autopia.org/forum/epic-th...t-new-car.html . Listen man, if you want cheap do it yourself. Then pay someone to fix your mistakes. Its that simple. If you want it done right, call a pro. Its your car and your choice. You came here asking for advice and it seems it was given. On a side note paint only gets marred if you or someone else mars it. Proper wash and maintence can save paint. Paint shouldn`t be polished if 6 months or so hard. I think when Tdekaney was referring to polishing every 6 months, I think he was referring to a light polish to amplify gloss, not to compound and polish every six months. Using this method very minimal clear is actully being removed. Or you could just use a product with fillers every few months and keep the paint looking great. I wish you luck on your adventures, but remember this any detailer can make a car look great for a week or two, its the talented one that can make it look great for a lifetime.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman75
    No car dealer will be touching my car. I am picking it up at the BMW Performance Center at their factory in South Carolina, and then driving it down to Miami. So the car will be prepped by BMW themselves and no one else.

This means nothing.

I went with a friend when he picked up his 135i from Spartanburg last year. I told them not to let anyone prep it, but he gave the same argument...it`s BMW doing the prep, not some dealership hack. Guess what I see when it comes time for the walkaround? Dirty wheel barrels, wax in crevices and streaky glass. His car is Space Grey Metallic, so it hides a lot, but if they can`t do a better job of the smaller things, I doubt their actual wash routine is any better.

Make it a point to not let ANYONE you don`t personally trust prep your car. Hire someone competent or do it yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be in South Florida during that time.

Just saying...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    This means nothing.

I went with a friend when he picked up his 135i from Spartanburg last year. I told them not to let anyone prep it, but he gave the same argument...it`s BMW doing the prep, not some dealership hack. Guess what I see when it comes time for the walkaround? Dirty wheel barrels, wax in crevices and streaky glass. His car is Space Grey Metallic, so it hides a lot, but if they can`t do a better job of the smaller things, I doubt their actual wash routine is any better.

Make it a point to not let ANYONE you don`t personally trust prep your car. Hire someone competent or do it yourself.

I`ll check with BMW, but I doubt there is much they can do. All new cars are washed when they come off the boat. They won`t deliver a car completely raw with the dirt from the marine voyage. I am pretty sure they are required to wash it prior to customs inspection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    I may be in South Florida during that time.

Just saying...

Very good. I wil PM you closer to the time.

I am probably going to do this in Atlanta, but it all depends on when they offer me a pickup date.

Post Thanks / Like
    you should just tape up the whole car with blue tape, drive it home and then have someone prep it for you. The last thing you want is stuff happening on your way home with the new bra/detail. Trust me on this one.

here is a 2012 X3 that was driven 170 miles home because I couldn`t make it to the dealer to prep the vehicle due to SEMA.

The car was dirty, but the dealer was told not to touch it under any circumstances and guess what. The car was almost perfect. It was polished with 85rd, (customer`s request) UNO for the few RIDS and OPTI COATED.

Why wouldn`t the picture show????????

Very good. I wil PM you closer to the time.

I am probably going to do this in Atlanta, but it all depends on when they offer me a pickup date.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll check with BMW, but I doubt there is much they can do. All new cars are washed when they come off the boat. They won`t deliver a car completely raw with the dirt from the marine voyage. I am pretty sure they are required to wash it prior to customs inspection.

Wrong! Don`t let them touch the car outside of the necessary PDI work!

Here is a write up on a new M3 I did this summer, new car prep and Opti-Guard.

2011 M3, New Car Prep, Opti-Coat 2.0 Application, Install Appearance Mods – Detailed Image

David, Todd, or Bryan are all top notch detailers that WILL do the job correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    b7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    b7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

That`s my favorite Alpina too. That`s what you meant, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Im not sure if I understand you. Your looking for experiance, but aren`t willing to pay for it? David Fermani is very reasonable, but yet highly talented for what he does. David is in the top teir of detailers across the country. Now your looking for someone to apply two things that both can be expensive. Clear bra film itself isn`t cheap. Then to find someone to install it as well? Sorry if I sound a bit confused here. As detailers we provide a service. Simply put in this business you get what you pay for. We are craftsmen that can care for a vehicle properly. Base price on your car is $46000. Yet your unwilling to pay up take manage the vehicle? OptiCoat is a permanent protection. Its not cheap. David is one of the first to have used it. He has tested this and used it many times. You won`t find a more experianced person to do it. Its people like you that make me laugh. Its like walking into Macy`s and expecting Walmart prices. I never understood this at all. Sorry if I sound a little arrogant. I`m not trying to and thats not my intentions. Detailers are a dime a dozen, espescially in your area. Talented detailers are few and far in between. This reminds me of another BMW thread http://www.autopia.org/forum/epic-th...t-new-car.html . Listen man, if you want cheap do it yourself. Then pay someone to fix your mistakes. Its that simple. If you want it done right, call a pro. Its your car and your choice. You came here asking for advice and it seems it was given. On a side note paint only gets marred if you or someone else mars it. Proper wash and maintence can save paint. Paint shouldn`t be polished if 6 months or so hard. I think when Tdekaney was referring to polishing every 6 months, I think he was referring to a light polish to amplify gloss, not to compound and polish every six months. Using this method very minimal clear is actully being removed. Or you could just use a product with fillers every few months and keep the paint looking great. I wish you luck on your adventures, but remember this any detailer can make a car look great for a week or two, its the talented one that can make it look great for a lifetime.
    `

With all due respect, this is nothing like that thread. That guy bought a car that had been sitting on a dealer lot for a year and then had it repainted, and then asked for a quote. A repainted car is a horror story imo and I don`t see how anyone could quote a job like that, except for assuming the worst. Plus that guy is an idiot.

My car is a brand new car, ordered directly by the factory and has never sat on a car lot - as we speak it is still on the ship. Even by the time I take delivery, it may be washed at most 2-3 times. I`m not saying it might not need a couple of stages of correction, but I don`t think its comparable to that other guy`s shady car. Plus I`m not expecting to get away with a cheap shoddy detailer, but I`m looking for someone who might be in the top 1%, not the top 0.0009%.

So your comment that people like me make you laugh is absurd! People like you who make extreme assumptions with little information destroy my faith in humanity.

Also Opticoat is not a permanent protection. Permanent protection might be something with hardness of diamond. Opticoat does still need correction from time to time. Unless you are someone who doesn`t park your car in parking lots where someone might brush against it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its your car, do what you want. lol
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was trying to post a picture but it isn`t coming up except the link.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    That`s my favorite Alpina too. That`s what you meant, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Batman - to say it isn`t permanent because it may need polishing in the future.....

wouldn`t that make OEM clear also not permanent?

I am on the side of Barry here because he is right. Your car`s price is most likely way over 60K out the door. Yet you don`t want to pay someone`s price. Top 1%? Those in that small category provide QUALITY. Good work is never cheap!

Now imagine someone asked you to do a job (what ever you do for a living) but he doesn`t want to pay what everyone else is paying you. How would you react?

I mean he isn`t charging you more than other people, and if the car is in good shape, it may end up being under $1k. But for you to ask for the best and wanting to pay less than the asking price is not kosher. Ask Chip Foose to give you a discount because.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Batman - to say it isn`t permanent because it may need polishing in the future.....

wouldn`t that make OEM clear also not permanent?

I am on the side of Barry here because he is right. Your car`s price is most likely way over 60K out the door. Yet you don`t want to pay someone`s price. Top 1%? Those in that small category provide QUALITY. Good work is never cheap!

Now imagine someone asked you to do a job (what ever you do for a living) but he doesn`t want to pay what everyone else is paying you. How would you react?

I mean he isn`t charging you more than other people, and if the car is in good shape, it may end up being under $1k. But for you to ask for the best and wanting to pay less than the asking price is not kosher. Ask Chip Foose to give you a discount because.....

I haven`t asked anyone for a discount here. But I bought a BMW not a Ferrari. BTW the prices being mentioned here are not phasing me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information