Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black sapphire metallic 335i and I noticed that someone keyed my car. I don`t think the scratch is too deep but one is about 6" in length and the other about 2" in length. My car also has swirl marks that have been annoying me.

I figured I could try to get both fixed with a good detailing. Can anyone recommend a reputable detailer in or near Fort Myers?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ft. Myers is a couple hours from me, but I can help. Can you feel ANY part of the scratch with the tip of your fingernail?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if I run my fingertip across the scratch I can feel it. I can feel it more on one end of the scratch than the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanding, Compounding & Polishing will round out the top portion of the valley of the scratch, but will not remove it. If you need this totally corrected then having a Body Shop repair/refinish is the only fix. If you opt for that then you should hold off on having the rest of the car polished due to additional marring, overspray and buffer swirls that could get introduced during the Body Shop visit. Otherwise, if this isn`t a viable alternative I`d love to assist. Feel free to browse through some of my threads in the Pro Before & After section and let me know if you`d like my help. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, forgive my ignorance, but when you say:

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Sanding, Compounding & Polishing will round out the top portion of the valley of the scratch, but will not remove it.

does that mean even though the scratch isn`t removed, it will still be visible, or will the sanding, compound, and polishing mask the scratch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, still visable, but not as sharpe & defined. Kinda melted into the panel so to speak. The key is to actually polish away or round out the edge/wall of the scratch. This will allow the scratch to refract away from the valley of the scratch and make it less noticeable. You should also use special products that won`t fill up the scratch and later dry and turn white making it more noticeable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I live and operate a mobile detail business in North Port, which is about 30-40 miles away from Fort Myers. I travel down to Ft. Myers to work often. The statement about the body shop IS true, however, if you are looking for a detailer in your area anyways, I would love to help.

ProZ Auto Detail | Facebook

prozautodetail@hotmail.com

941-661-8273

Thanks!

Zachary Sitzlar,President

ProZ Auto Detail LLC

Thread Information