Post Thanks / Like
    Me and my girlfriend decided to drive from chicago to clearwater last week. the car was pristine until all the salt gathered up from the ride. two days into our stay in florida, my gf decides to spring for a wash for my car.

the hotel recommended a machine wash or a detailer nearby and that was an easy choice. when we drove past i saw they were buffing out a new ferrari 612so it eased my mind... for $15 it was washed, the door/trunk creases were cleaned and everything was air dried with a compressor.

when we walked back i thought i was going to have a heart attack, my gf saw the shock in my face as my car was completely marred everywhere as if they dried it with a pair of jeans...

i mean its the most swirled/scratched it had ever been in its life.. then the guy who washed it tells me you know you have alot of scratches and swirls we have this dual orbit polisher and polish set to sell you.... i just about flipped and sternly told him i`m a detailer, i dont need any polish... he looked a little shocked and just walked away... Should have just taken it through a machine wash. i know for a fact it would have done less damage.

anyone else think its a ploy to get them to sell polishers/polishes? I mean I have a hard clear coat and never gotten any marks with MF towels... I don`t understand how they could have done this much damage. For hours I could not think of anything but the damaged paint.

I can now completely see how someone taking their car to a detailer could be put off by some of these so called detailers.

Magicar, Clearwater, FL : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that, I avoid driving near that place in the downtown area.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry your car got swirled. Do you know anyone on this board that would wash your car for $15? That price should have tipped you off real fast. When I can`t wash my car, it goes to a Laserwash or stays dirty until I get back home.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know anyone on the boards to be honest. and i wash peoples cars for $20 and usually i lowball when doing sidejobs... i rather see someone extactic than more $ in my pocket. so really it seemed legit. The hotel we stayed at had all these exotics parked and i couldnt take the salt anymore.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I start at $50.00 bucks and up for a wash.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Angelo. I won`t bother washing someone`s car for less than $60. Even an exterior only wash takes me an hour to an hour and a half, and there`s no way I`d do that for only $15-$20.

I hate to sound cliche, but the sayings of "If it sounds to good to be true", and "you get what you pay for" come to mind here.

Oh well, you learned a tough lesson, and luckily you said you are a detailer, so you can fix it yourself...it`ll just cost you your time.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Thread Information