Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    OK. I know there`s a ton of you guys out there. Is there anyone with a stand alone shop that would be willing to set up a meet and greet with all the southeast detailers that can attend? I`d really like to meet everyone and see who`s doing what and talk shop. Being new to the area and all I think it would be a great way to figure my way around this part of the states. I`m down for trying to organize something if someone has the place to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome.....if it is in the upstate sc area and im not working, ill come on out. where is it that you are working at right now jakarooni? if you are ever on laurens rd....check out executive detail. they are the most popular shop around here, but could REALLY use some expertise or training. cars that are buffed there, leave wwith extreme buffer trails and holograms!!!! sounds right up your alley...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey if you want to take a five hour trip, I am game to use my shop.

Plenty of hotels in my area. (Stafford VA)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Enforcer
    awesome.....if it is in the upstate sc area and im not working, ill come on out. where is it that you are working at right now jakarooni? if you are ever on laurens rd....check out executive detail. they are the most popular shop around here, but could REALLY use some expertise or training. cars that are buffed there, leave wwith extreme buffer trails and holograms!!!! sounds right up your alley...

Right now I`m out in Greer at the toyota and D&D Ford dealerships training their guys. I looked into executive detailing. Those guys scare me. Bad attitudes and not even the slightest clue on how to do things properly. The have a "We are better than everyone else so don`t bother telling us anything" complex. I`m about ready to go in and start taking all of their accounts from them because their dealerships have already been contacting me about how unsatisfied they are with their quality of work. But anyways that`s another thread all together.

Howareb- I can travel. If we can get something together I`m sure we could have a great weekend or something.. Could put a little training session together like DJ and Barry did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Right now I`m out in Greer at the toyota and D&D Ford dealerships training their guys. I looked into executive detailing. Those guys scare me. Bad attitudes and not even the slightest clue on how to do things properly. The have a "We are better than everyone else so don`t bother telling us anything" complex. I`m about ready to go in and start taking all of their accounts from them because their dealerships have already been contacting me about how unsatisfied they are with their quality of work. But anyways that`s another thread all together.

Howareb- I can travel. If we can get something together I`m sure we could have a great weekend or something.. Could put a little training session together like DJ and Barry did.

Yeah DJ and I did a trainig about a month ago. It went really well and we got some people as far as NY. Maybe in the first week of December or something. You can show us how to do those interiors "Just Right".

Oh about the Dealers, take what they say with a `grain of salt`. There is one rule with most dealers. They are rarely ever happy with anyone and they are usually looking for the cheapest price. It just comes with the territory. Sometimes you find an exception, but with the work that you do I would say that you could get a great retail following, that would pay you at least $60 an hour. Your work is worth it. Besides you now live in an area with a big time BMW manufacturing plant (I think they make the Z4 there). Now just find some of the employees that got discounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I hear ya about the grain of salt. "The motor Mile" in Greenville is mostly high end dealerships though. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, jag, Ducatti, Lotus etc etc etc.. And this Broc character that owns executive detailing has most of these under his belt. I can see why the ego complex I guess. But still...

And yea there`s a lot of nice cars and quite a bit of wealth in this area. I`m just now tapping into it a bit on a couple other sites I frequent. Which should lead to more exposure. Once I get the people here to realize who I am and what I`m not I think it`ll make the big difference I`ve been looking for.

And if you have an air compressor and a shop vac there I can show anyone how to get those interiors "Just perfect" As well as anything else people would want to learn. Considering my current situation if anyone would be interested in learning express detailing to add to their arsenal. Great thing to learn to land a few dealer accounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have never dealt with brock, his dad is my only contact there, and the mexican guy who does their work at their main shop....i do his uniform service. but yea....they do seem a little "too good" to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I hear ya about the grain of salt. "The motor Mile" in Greenville is mostly high end dealerships though. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, jag, Ducatti, Lotus etc etc etc.. And this Broc character that owns executive detailing has most of these under his belt. I can see why the ego complex I guess. But still...

And yea there`s a lot of nice cars and quite a bit of wealth in this area. I`m just now tapping into it a bit on a couple other sites I frequent. Which should lead to more exposure. Once I get the people here to realize who I am and what I`m not I think it`ll make the big difference I`ve been looking for.

And if you have an air compressor and a shop vac there I can show anyone how to get those interiors "Just perfect" As well as anything else people would want to learn. Considering my current situation if anyone would be interested in learning express detailing to add to their arsenal. Great thing to learn to land a few dealer accounts.

We have just about any piece of equiment that you may need for the interior. :shocked

Wow what an amazing move you made, froom Flint to Greenville. You can finally get paid what you are worth and that is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I`m having a lot more fun detailing down here that`s for sure. Making a little extra coin compared to the flint area. Just wished my rep followed me instead of having to rebuild it down here. But the sheer look on their faces when I show them what I can do. And I make the claim that I can wheel out any black vechile and *not* leave any swirls... I`d say so far 95% of the detailers and the dealerships here think that`s absoultly impossible and you just have to cover them up with wax... Priceless I tell ya.. Priceless. But if you have the set up I can defiantly put something together. It would be an pleasure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I`m having a lot more fun detailing down here that`s for sure. Making a little extra coin compared to the flint area. Just wished my rep followed me instead of having to rebuild it down here. But the sheer look on their faces when I show them what I can do. And I make the claim that I can wheel out any black vechile and *not* leave any swirls... I`d say so far 95% of the detailers and the dealerships here think that`s absoultly impossible and you just have to cover them up with wax... Priceless I tell ya.. Priceless. But if you have the set up I can defiantly put something together. It would be an pleasure.

Wow are you saying that out of all the detailers in that area 95% are Hacks. Hmm. I think that you wil do very well....

Post Thanks / Like

the head detailer in spartaburg at Vic Bailey Ford told me its impossible to create a swirl free finish. he explained that a swirl is created from the clearcoat being unlevel.....so there is at LEAST a swirl every pad width along the car. i just kinda laughed and walked away.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d say half or better are hacks and the other`s are just poor saps being taught by hacks and honestly don`t know any better. A hack does it on purpose and refuses to learn a sap is someone that has just been taught wrong but is willing to learn the right way.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are more than welcome to use my shop in Tampa, FL for a meet and greet if you want. I have 2 bays now and lots of outside room.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in Brunswick Ga. looks like it might be a middle ground..? if ya`ll are still up for a meet and greet maybe somewhere around here would be good. I closed my shop down, but i dont have a problem with meeting at my house.. I have a shop in the back yard..

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m up for just about anything. My schedule is kind of filling up though. I got an offer to attend a "Cars and coffee" show in Knoxville TN that I plan on taking full advantage of. Then there`s the mobile expo coming up quick and fast. few other odds and ends. But we definatly need something going on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information