Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Harbor Freight in Lilburn, outside of Atlanta has tons of rotary polishers for $34.99, $29.99 if you have a coupon.

If it only lasts long enough to do one car I`ll be happy. :waxing:
    2003 Ford SVT Cobra - Redfire Pearl Metallic

2004 Honda Odyssey - Midnight Blue Pearl

2004 Mustang Mach 1 - Sold

2000 SVT Contour - Sold

1992 Mustang LX 5.0 - Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had mine since September; though I usually use my G110 DA the Harbor Freight rotary is really a pretty decent unit. It works, just don`t abuse it. It may not be the most top of the line unit, with the most power but it gets the job done.

Post Thanks / Like
    You just can`t put any pressure on it or it bogs out and dies off.

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a time I`d say "never" but my Makita took a poop on me and it`s only 4 years old and doesn`t get much use. I paid 4 times what the HF ones run.

Post Thanks / Like
    my neighbor bought one with low expectations and used it primarily for his boat. nice large 3M wool pads and a cleaner wax. It seemed to do the job and obviously with a boat, it endured hours of constant use. For the price, not much risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the unit, a 3" backing plate and a 5" backing plate, all for $40. Cant` go wrong for that.

I just want to get some deeper swirls out of my Mustang without killing my PC.

2000 SVT Contour - Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis
    my neighbor bought one with low expectations and used it primarily for his boat. nice large 3M wool pads and a cleaner wax. It seemed to do the job and obviously with a boat, it endured hours of constant use. For the price, not much risk.

We did this with 3M wool pads and products over the course of a few weeks on HF rotaries. They worked great for what they were used for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally took it out of the box last night and messed around polishing my headlights. Very solid construction and had no problem dealing with some pressure.

2000 SVT Contour - Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one. I use it all the time and have not had any issues other than it does slow down with pressure but other than that no problems
    down here in colorful colorado!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one, and I beat the crap out of it, It does bog easily and give off a cakey smells, just take it easy and youll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy to hear some have had good results with the HF rotary. I am unfortunately not one of them. I bought one and it worked for fifteen minutes. I paid for the waranty so I returned it and got a new one. The second one never even worked!!! Right out of the box is was messed up. So instead of going through the hassle of going back and getting a third one I just threw it away and struck it up as one of many mistakes I have made in my life.

Personally, I wouldn`t pay a nickel for one. I still love HF, I jsut don`t buy anything that has a motor.

PepBoys has a Kawaski that is better for 60. I got three Makita`s for 150 a piece at Menards when they went on clearance. Just got lucky. I figured it was my payback for the HF rotary fiasco.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have the $49.95 one from harbor frieght. it works great so far. between it and my PC7424 its all i need
    TM Performance Detailing, GOLDSBORO NC

2011 F-150 XLT Supercab

2011 Ford Fiesta SE

1991 Mustang 5.0 T-70 Turbocharged

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 4.5" angle grinder, air compressor and 1/2" electric impact gun all Chicago Eletrics and have not had any troubles with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one nearly 2 years ago for ~$25 w/ tax to have as a backup...it was $29.99 and I had a 20% off coupon at the time. I`ve only used it about 4-5hrs so far and had no issues with it. I would by another one without a problem, but I would probably opt for a 1 or 2 year warranty if I was planning on using more often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i bought the 49.00 one about 4-5 years ago and it has always been my main rotary and has never givien me problems, i have one with the 3in backing plate and i`m getting another one for christmas with the "D" handle, like the makita for 29.00 with the cupon out of a Honda tuning magazine. And i am putting the Meguiars SOLO backing plate on it. I hate always having to swap out backing plates, and at these prices i can just have 2 buffers with 2 different backing plates!
    Doing it BIG!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information