Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EliminatorXP
    Do not confuse a PC XP with a rotary polisher.....2 different animals (tools)

I know there is a huge difference between the 2, rotary requires more skill and practice due its capability of burning paint if improper technique is applied where as the D/A PC is a more for beginners and a lot safer on the paint :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Knowing what I know now about this industry and I was looking for a tool to help me shine my own car and maybe try and make a few dollars on the side. Hands down I would buy a PC in a heartbeat. I had my pc for almost 3 years now and Its bean beaten down harder then some afgan doors. It still fires up just like day one! With new compounds and polishes, better pc`s now. Its foolish for a new guy or a weekend rookie to by a rotory! Look at gmblack3 he is a top notch detailer and guess what he uses? I`ll tell ya, a PC. You just can`t go wrong. You can correct paint, Polish it out, and lay a sealent. What more do you want? Just some words of thought.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    Knowing what I know now about this industry and I was looking for a tool to help me shine my own car and maybe try and make a few dollars on the side. Hands down I would buy a PC in a heartbeat. I had my pc for almost 3 years now and Its bean beaten down harder then some afgan doors. It still fires up just like day one! With new compounds and polishes, better pc`s now. Its foolish for a new guy or a weekend rookie to by a rotory! Look at gmblack3 he is a top notch detailer and guess what he uses? I`ll tell ya, a PC. You just can`t go wrong. You can correct paint, Polish it out, and lay a sealent. What more do you want? Just some words of thought.

Ahh the legend stuck around after all!!! (glad to see you`re still here, thought u were gone for a while there Bud)

I understand rotary`s do require skill but how else are u going to learn if you don`t get one and practice on junk yard hoods.....even if u mess up....it`s only a $20 piece of scrap. I thought about getting the HF rotary to use as a learning tool. I have no intentions of going professional or starting a business, but I would love to learn how to use a rotary for my own personal vehicle. Perhaps I`ll start out with a PC, like u said Barry, you just can`t go wrong with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I been seeing reviews on the Megs. no one the g110v2 or something and I`ll tell ya what it looks great. The thing with the rotory is your not gonna just pick it up and learn with it. It takes a lot of time to just be decent. The pc style type polishers just do it. For me I just wouldn`t go the harbour freight route. There not the same as a makita, hitachi. dewalt. I tried one for a back up and it was a turd!
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I don`t like about a PC (from what I`ve read) is that you would have a really hard time getting scratches off unlike a rotary. I`ve read thru forums here and many detailers are complaining that they had to spend many hours trying to correct the paint on a vehicle with a PC because it just doesn`t have the power of a rotary. For me this would be a problem because I haver a black car and as we all know they reveal everything! Ideally I would love to have my car`s paint corrected by a skilled professional using a rotary and I`d maintain it using a PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    keep in mind black cars show mistakes from a improperly trained rotory handler!! Not only does it show them but it enhances them.
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a PC and a rotary. i like having the option of using both. some detail jobs dont require the rotary.
    TM Performance Detailing, GOLDSBORO NC

2011 F-150 XLT Supercab

2011 Ford Fiesta SE

1991 Mustang 5.0 T-70 Turbocharged

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    keep in mind black cars show mistakes from a improperly trained rotory handler!! Not only does it show them but it enhances them.

Barry u don`t have to emphasize the use of a rotary, I get your point, and I have told u I wouldn`t use a rotary on my car unless I knew what I was doing. I said it would be ideal to have a professional correct my paint w/a rotary and I would maintain the finish with a PC, we`ve talked about this thru PM`s

Post Thanks / Like
    the very first car i did with a rotary was a black ford lightning....no swirls at all. in fact it came out so well i was sold on primarily using a rotary from then on...pad choice, rpm and polish combos are key..we all know that. ive learned to just let the rotary do the work and not lean on it..
    TM Performance Detailing, GOLDSBORO NC

2011 F-150 XLT Supercab

2011 Ford Fiesta SE

1991 Mustang 5.0 T-70 Turbocharged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information