Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Would like the regional members to post a list of the detailing shops you suggest to avoid when needing your car for paint corrections, swirling, scratches, water-spots..etc..etc...(Either ones you`ve been to or heard froma reliable source) just trying to help not only myself, but other people money, time, and trial-n-error. Thanks

P.S. And also list those that you would highly recommend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t really see the pros posting the names of businesses or persons, whom they think does terrible work. That`s somewhat slanderous. If you`re looking for a detailer, I suggest you look at the Pro section and find one that fits what you`re looking for?

Post Thanks / Like
    To name a bunch of people / shops that do bad work would really be setting yourself up for a ton of trouble. Better off letting word of mouth help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree to some point, but if you name a place you got your work done and it isn`t done right, then you`re actually making a advertisement of that persons work on your car. So nobody would be able to mention any shops that did their car right or wrong. The truth is the truth.

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBumper
    I don`t really see the pros posting the names of businesses or persons, whom they think does terrible work. That`s somewhat slanderous. If you`re looking for a detailer, I suggest you look at the Pro section and find one that fits what you`re looking for?

Right on the money. Of course I do recommend myself if you are in my area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHoliday
    I agree to some point, but if you name a place you got your work done and it isn`t done right, then you`re actually making a advertisement of that persons work on your car. So nobody would be able to mention any shops that did their car right or wrong. The truth is the truth.

That`s very true, but let`s just say that they do post or "out" other detailers that do terrible work, are you willing to pay their attorney`s fees if they should get sued? I doubt you will. By slamming someone else`s work and possibly driving away current customers or maybe future ones, what you are doing is essentialy depriving them of any monies that could be earned.

What I do when looking for a services provider, is to go my local BBB website and research them. Another thing I do is a Google search, to include the name of the business, address and city and see what pops up. If nothing turns up, I`ll try adding words to my initial string, such as reviews, is awesome, stay away from, stinks, etc. You`d be surprised, but that sometimes does produce a hit on some obscure web site.

I hope this help and I hope that you find what you`re looking for. However, I think it`s pretty useless to ask that question on this site. Autopia is a community dedicated to helping and sharing with others. Not for tearing down or giving negative criticism.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can recommend myself and a few others in the NC area for detail shops to stick around. I would be here all day telling you the bad ones...
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    :spit::har: Or drive around with me and I`ll point out all the hacked cars down here. I could drive you around for days. lol I just won`t do it online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    I can recommend myself and a few others in the NC area for detail shops to stick around. I would be here all day telling you the bad ones...

*L* Well post the good ones!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBumper
    :spit::har: Or drive around with me and I`ll point out all the hacked cars down here. I could drive you around for days. lol I just won`t do it online.

*L* All right then...

Post Thanks / Like
    People could post their own personal results with detailers they`ve been to. Post pictures of the carnage. That wouldn`t be slander.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHoliday
    *L* Well post the good ones!

Myself, JuneBug, Martin Dettlebach, weekendwarrior, wolfpacker
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the vote of confidence bro! I second the others on your list and say that if I can`t detail for a while (quite possible with my current injury) you would be my choice to detail my car and any of my customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get that link out of your signature now or you will be banned.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problem saying that magicar detailing in clearwater FL, hacked my car up just by washing it... i dont care who you are if you marr vw/audi paint with towels drying it you dont deserve to detail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information