Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    im sick of hearing that slander crap. next time a business throws that word at me when i tell them the TRUTH then ima burn that place down!

w t f ever happened to having an opinion and freedom of speech? everytime i post a review on a bad experience(usually car related cause i build showcars) the shopowner threatens me with their lawyer. ive had a ton of junk work done and im sure a lot of it could be avoided if people werent such little panties and would speak up when they get screwed over. seems like a bunch of businesses stay in business just cause no one has the guts to tell anyone that its a bad business so people keep flocking. just my .02cents

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBumper
    That`s very true, but let`s just say that they do post or "out" other detailers that do terrible work, are you willing to pay their attorney`s fees if they should get sued? I doubt you will. By slamming someone else`s work and possibly driving away current customers or maybe future ones, what you are doing is essentialy depriving them of any monies that could be earned.

What I do when looking for a services provider, is to go my local BBB website and research them. Another thing I do is a Google search, to include the name of the business, address and city and see what pops up. If nothing turns up, I`ll try adding words to my initial string, such as reviews, is awesome, stay away from, stinks, etc. You`d be surprised, but that sometimes does produce a hit on some obscure web site.

I hope this help and I hope that you find what you`re looking for. However, I think it`s pretty useless to ask that question on this site. Autopia is a community dedicated to helping and sharing with others. Not for tearing down or giving negative criticism.

The problem here is not alot of pro`s have shop`s or are retail business`s so the bbb won`t have a record an will do you no good hense word of mouth an references.

As for getting sued no one is going to sue anyone for giving a feedback of the services they got unless you slander their name for a false claim.

Maybe call it a detailer`s feedback system where you could say the good an the bad of the detail you received an from whom you received it that would be fair an reasonable for both parties.

I`m all for the truth an not getting screwed but fair is fair too if it is done the correct way.as for ruining the person`s business oh well as for making them loose money oh well again if it`s not right it`s not right.

lets think about this for a minute put your self in both shoes you go to a shop with your 1.2 million dollar reventon,guy details you pay alot of money he burns the carbon on your door panel`s. they costs you 3500.00 to fix, the detail costs you estimate 700.00. so you go to him you talk you try to work it out he don`t want to fix or pay you screwed you pissed now reverse situation. also should he be allowed to keep screwing cars an people out of money cause no one is allowed to speak their mind in a reasonable manor bs.

An yes i detail an yes i detail for almost 21yrs. an yes i`m what people consider a pro, do i know but i`m damn good at what i do period.an if i do wrong i`m wrong but if i`m right i`m right an i incurage people to give me feedback good or bad. if you don`t like your job don`t do it if you don`t have the passion for the business don`t do it this is a love hate business you either do or you don`t, but remember one thing what you do as a detailer affects all detailes one way or another just my opinion.

This is not directed toward anyone just offered to everyone lol.:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread should be erased.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    why buff i think this is a good thread just needs to stay on track. an priceholiday makes a good point just has to be clarified an presented the right way an it is going along good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information