Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Cape Coral is a pretty depressing place in parts. North Cape Coral is a hellhole, Lehigh Acres is a ticking time bomb. The issue with the less expensive areas of Cape Coral and Lehigh is a huge amount of illegal immigrants, who are increasingly out of work and turning to crime. My gf`s mom lives in Cape Coral still, in what used to be a pretty average part of town. As the home prices have dropped, so has the quality of the neighborhood. Her neighborhood has gotten pretty bad, with break-ins just a few blocks down from her.

I`d move to Estero/Bonita Springs area if you`re going for SWFL. Overall a more affluent area, but still cheaper housing. There`s the university between Alico Road and Corkscrew road too, and so that it makes that area substantially younger. Plus Estero and Bonita are situated in between Fort Myers and Naples, making for a decent commute to either area. Great shopping too, Coconut Pointe is very nice, Gulf Coast Town center is OK, and the Coastland Mall is very nice.

Be prepared for the fact that everything not cheap will be super expensive. Going out, etc. is crazy expensive in that area, luckily wages are better.

Jacksonville has some decent areas, but it might be a bit colder than you`d want. Just avoid the center of the state and you should be fine. Anywhere not on a coast is bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with the move Ryan, hope everything works out in your favor. Are you sure you don`t want to move to Cali?
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL
    Anywhere not on a coast is bad.

LOL! Greetings from Central Florida! Sadly, I have to agree with XRL. Go to the coasts. I prefer the Gulf, but it`s easy to check it all out before making a decision.

Lots of Autopians here, Rydawg. Give us a shout when you arrive. Good excuse for a meet.
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a beautiful state. I highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacksonville is a larger city than most people think. Most detailers are hacks here and there are lots of golf courses, a pro football team, and some plenty of nice cars with swirls. the beaches are decent but yeah it still gets cold and it`s oh so frickin hot in August. and yeah there`s this statistic about being the murder capital in the US.

good luck with the move!

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ve already got the market cornered seeing that 99.9% of the so called detailers down here have never used a buffer. The other .09% know nothing about swirls, micromarring, fillers, silicone, sanding or correction and think they are hitting it rich if they get $150 for a complete detail. The other .01 are the ones you already know on Autopia.

There`s not a day that goes by that I don`t see a Lambo, Ferarri, Bently Porsche Turbo or AMG. And every one looks like crap! If you want to go after these clients, S.E. Florida is the absolute best place. They will come in droves and be putty in your hands.

I wish you the absolute best of luck & I will do everything in my power to help you out.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Before I made my trip I mentioned to another client that I would be traveling south for some work and he seemed a little concerned. He began to tell me about his travels and his experience in Jacksonville, FL. He was at a stop and in the washroom stall. Another man actually climbed over into his stall and mugged him at knife-point.

Post Thanks / Like
    North Cape is and always has been depressed. Same for Lehigh Acres, which is on the other side of Fort Myers. Both very depressed areas but they were not much before the financial crisis either. The area are so depressed that many of the illegals have left as there are no longer any jobs for them.

So you don`t get the impression that Cape Coral is a total pit here are a couple photos of my place.

My Cape Home:

http://gallery.mac.com/jfelbab/10016...t-20st/web.jpg

My Backyard

http://gallery.mac.com/jfelbab/100168/PICT0386/web.jpg

You can find a lot of info i.e. City Guides / School Rankings / City Search / Cost of Living / Crime Statistics / Occupational Outlook / Weather History / Relocation & Financial Resources, etc., to help narrow your search at Best Places To Live - CityRating.com

Be sure to compare the crime statistics for the various cities in FL. You will find that the Cape is among the lowest in the state and the country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    Before I made my trip I mentioned to another client that I would be traveling south for some work and he seemed a little concerned. He began to tell me about his travels and his experience in Jacksonville, FL. He was at a stop and in the washroom stall. Another man actually climbed over into his stall and mugged him at knife-point.

This could (and does) happen anywhere. Not just in Florida. Not just in the U.S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    This could (and does) happen anywhere. Not just in Florida. Not just in the U.S.

Certainly wasn`t trying to say Florida was the only place where it does happen. Heck, I love Florida. I can`t lie though, I did keep my foot firmly on the gas while heading through North Florida. :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll have the welcoming party Ryan. Very cool and looking forward to your arrival.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    Good luck with the move Ryan, hope everything works out in your favor. Are you sure you don`t want to move to Cali?

I thought about Cali, but i know more people in FL.:dance
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis
    Jacksonville is a larger city than most people think. Most detailers are hacks here and there are lots of golf courses, a pro football team, and some plenty of nice cars with swirls. the beaches are decent but yeah it still gets cold and it`s oh so frickin hot in August. and yeah there`s this statistic about being the murder capital in the US.

good luck with the move!

I watch COPS alot and Jacksonville is always on there.:laugh:

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    "To Catch a Predator" is too. :bolt:hide:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    You`ve already got the market cornered seeing that 99.9% of the so called detailers down here have never used a buffer. The other .09% know nothing about swirls, micromarring, fillers, silicone, sanding or correction and think they are hitting it rich if they get $150 for a complete detail. The other .01 are the ones you already know on Autopia.

There`s not a day that goes by that I don`t see a Lambo, Ferarri, Bently Porsche Turbo or AMG. And every one looks like crap! If you want to go after these clients, S.E. Florida is the absolute best place. They will come in droves and be putty in your hands.

I wish you the absolute best of luck & I will do everything in my power to help you out.

I appreciate your help tremendously David! Thank You!!!!

I know once I get a few good clients under my belt, the word will travel fast like it did up here. My crazy paint correction OCD paid off for once this time.:chuckle:

Ryan Blanchette

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information