Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I moved into a parking garage right in the middle of downtown atlanta and have no access to water to wash my car..

Anybody in the area do mobile washes?

I really don`t have a price I`m looking for, but I was quoted 75 dollars from one guy for a simple QEW wash (Z8, but not even a vacuum) which is completely ridiculous.

Thanks!

-David

Post Thanks / Like
    any reson you don`t do a QEW/ONR wash yourself?

you know it`s simple so you must understand the process

Post Thanks / Like
    time/I don`t have the stuff to do it (buckets, mitts, towels, QEW) with me... and it really needs to be washed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugle
    Hello, I moved into a parking garage right in the middle of downtown atlanta and have no access to water to wash my car..

Anybody in the area do mobile washes?

I really don`t have a price I`m looking for, but I was quoted 75 dollars from one guy for a simple QEW wash (Z8, but not even a vacuum) which is completely ridiculous.

Thanks!

-David

Depending on the quality of work done and the distance traveled, 75 is not completely unreasonable, IMO.

Remember you are dealing with Autopians, and the standard of care is much higher. If you came here to bargin shop, you are in the wrong place, IMO. Its a different ball game. If you just want the car washed (you obviously don`t care about the final appearance and are more interested in saving money vs. quality work, which is understandable on a Camry) you might try your phone book. They have plenty of hacks will scrub all the dirt away for you for a much cheaper price.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Depending on the quality of work done and the distance traveled, 75 is not completely unreasonable, IMO.

75 dollars is not just unreasonable, it is FREAKING unreasonable for someone to QEW my car. Seriously was this post necessary?

Why do you feel the need to insult someone. Notice I didn`t say I wanted something cheap, I wanted something under 75 dollars for a basic wash.

(you obviously don`t care about the final appearance and are more interested in saving money vs. quality work, which is understandable on a Camry)

Sure as hell makes since seeing as how I

A) Never asked for anything cheap

Never even menitioned a price point except maybe that 75 dollars for someone to come do a half-butt half hour job on my car might be a little much

C) spent 7 hours buffing it 2 months ago.... ah who cares, its just a Camry..

D) have websites of AUTOPIANS who are respected on this board who do a FULL WASH , clean, vacuum, and even dress the freaking wheel wells for 30-40 dollars.

BTW: I have an appointment with Ed, a respected Autopian on monday to wash, clean, vacuum and dress my car for 30 dollars.

Oh and BTW: This "Cheap" wash, for my "cheap" car, that I apparently "would rather save cash on, than do it right" Is a 30 dollar wash from a guy that YOU YOUR FREAKING SELF complimented his work. http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...k-amg-e55.html

Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Nice job! Was that rotary or pc?

You my friend should get out of the self employed market if that is the way you talk to clients. First rule of business (which you obviously missed) Don`t ever insult potential clients.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look I`m sorry that your insulted.

75 dollars is not just unreasonable, it is FREAKING unreasonable for someone to QEW my car. Seriously was this post necessary?

Why do you feel the need to insult someone. Notice I didn`t say I wanted something cheap, I wanted something under 75 dollars for a basic wash.

You didn`t say you want anythig cheap, but to come on here and blast somebodies price by insulting it is unreasonable IMO. I charge more then 75 dollars for a wash, so I find that price reasonable. If you don`t agree with somebodies pricing, and decide to publically claim about it, then you leave your opinion open for interperation. Period.

I think your opinion is wrong, and that quality work costs money (deals are can be made as well). I know you didn`t directly insult the person who offered this service to you, and you didn`t name drop, but you did indirectly insult those of us who charge this much for a service. Again I don`t think its unreasonable and I think your attitude is of one that is "frugle".

Sure as hell makes since seeing as how I

A) Never asked for anything cheap

Never even menitioned a price point except maybe that 75 dollars for someone to come do a half-butt half hour job on my car might be a little much

C) spent 7 hours buffing it 2 months ago.... ah who cares, its just a Camry..

D) have websites of AUTOPIANS who are respected on this board who do a FULL WASH , clean, vacuum, and even dress the freaking wheel wells for 30-40 dollars.

A) For what you want done, I think you are looking for something inexpensive.

How do you know the job is half butt, first of all? You are now the judge of what a person`s time is worth? You are a judge of what a person`s time is worth to you, so state an opinion like it emperical is skewed.

C)I polish my car all the time. I believe all cars should look their best, at all times. I don`t care about the car you drive, I was trying too make you feel better about not spending a lot of money your car.

D)Yes, it seems you do. So why not just ask for a wash instead of insulting others that feel their time is worth a reasonable (IMO) amount of money.

BTW: I have an appointment with Ed, a respected Autopian on monday to wash, clean, vacuum and dress my car for 30 dollars.

Oh and BTW: This "Cheap" wash, for my "cheap" car, that I apparently "would rather save cash on, than do it right" Is a 30 dollar wash from a guy that YOU YOUR FREAKING SELF complimented his work. 2002 Black AMG E55

Ed is the man, I remember that thread and think his work is top notch. My opinion of his work doesn`t change because he is (IMO) undercharging you for his time. I never made any direct correlation between the amount charged and the quality of the work. I simply stated that way you posted your thread (the tone if you will) made seem like you are cheap. I understand that their many quality options, and you are lucky to live in an area where you can get such quality work. Sometimes the best costs money, other times you get lucky and get a break.

I hope you tip well, however, because I think Ed is severly undercharging you and I would like detailers, in general, to charge more money.

You my friend should get out of the self employed market if that is the way you talk to potential clients. First rule of business (which you obviously missed) Don`t ever insult potential clients.

Your little jabs, not withstanding, I have a bacholers in business. Honestly, I wouldn`t want you as a client, I deal with car enthusastis who feel my work is among the best and are willing to pay more money to make sure that it is. The minute that a potential client tries to "bargin" price, I close the books. With your attitude, I would politely refer you to another detailer. No offense, but I am booked for the next three weeks (usually five) and can be very selective on which cars I work on.

Even if this was not the case, and I wasn`t so lucky, I made a promise to myself, that I would never deal with bargin hunters or anybody who complaines about pricing. I would reather starve. It has cost me more problems (and it gets uncomfortable having people complain or ask for freebies, which most bargin hunters universally do) so I choose not to deal with it.

I`m not trying to insult you, and I can see how my post came across snotty. It wasn`t my intention, such as how your post came across to me. It is your money, and your opinion, and you have everyright to it. When you post on a forum, you make it public knowledge, and thus it will be judged. If you don`t like judgements on your opinion, keep it to yourself. Its your money, and you judge the worth of it, you don`t have to share it with everybody else.

Post Thanks / Like
    a) The guy never named a price. $75 for a QEW wash with no vacuum is rediculous. On a CAMRY. I wouldn`t want to pay $75 either.

b) He`s right, you don`t insult a potential client. If you don`t want him as a client, you don`t have to be sarcastic about referring him to a hack.

c) I guess having a college degree doesn`t require the knowledge of how to spell Bachelor`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    a) The guy never named a price. $75 for a QEW wash with no vacuum is rediculous. On a CAMRY. I wouldn`t want to pay $75 either.

c) I guess having a college degree doesn`t require the knowledge of how to spell Bachelor`s

I guess making assumptions regarding spelling reflects your knowledge as well. Hmm.... :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    I guess making assumptions regarding spelling reflects your knowledge as well. Hmm.... :2thumbs:

the difference was I never bragged about a college degree. I KNOW I`m an idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT

b) He`s right, you don`t insult a potential client. If you don`t want him as a client, you don`t have to be sarcastic about referring him to a hack.

A) the car doesn`t matter, I charge the same regardless. I think your wrong, 75 for a QEW and Z8 sounds cheap to me.

I wouldn`t want him as a client, and by that means, most people aren`t.

C) They are handing out degree`s nowadays. I`m sure if you look harder you will find many more.

Regarding that you said I bragged? Are you serious, thats like bragging about having a GED . Its a bachelor degree, and pretty much required if you are going to make a comfortable living working for anybody else. I was refering to being asked if I had missed a course, which of course was a sarcastic question. Education level has nothing to with how smart somebody is, similar to how pricing has no bearing on the quality of work you will recieve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps a touchless car wash is in order?

I`m sure there are lots of those guys in your area that have a "detail" shop on the corner.

Best of luck.
    Jim

Click HERE to download the free Autopia guide to car care.

My Autopia Gallery.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know what,

/end of thread

Thanks TH0001 for replying and clarifying and responding professionally... I apologize for over reacting.

I believe I can get a worthy car wash to protect my paint from un-needed swirls (it`s not a show car) for 30 dollars.

and I also believe that your 75 dollar car wash may be worth it, if it was MORE than just a screwy QEW wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    be careful and keep in mind that out here in the atl we have horrible neighbors who love to turn people in for water use. Stupid water bans... Check with Mike. I think he is 1cleanws1 or something of the sort. Ill see if i can find his number.

Post Thanks / Like
    1cleanws6 is his name, shoot him a pm. Ill pm this thread to him as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugle
    You know what,

/end of thread

Thanks TH0001 for replying and clarifying and responding professionally... I apologize for over reacting.

I believe I can get a worthy car wash to protect my paint from un-needed swirls (it`s not a show car) for 30 dollars.

and I also believe that your 75 dollar car wash may be worth it, if it was MORE than just a screwy QEW wash.

Agreed, I apologize about my percived attitude in my post. I`m glad you got a high quality job at a price you deamed reasonable and hope it works out well for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information