Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, all,

I just sent an e-mail to Duragloss, based in our own Burlington, NC, to ask if they would be willing to have a demo and product sale meet up for Autopians. Could you post to this thread if you`d be interested in this, and when? How would the 2nd or 3rd Saturday, in the morning strike folks? (One of the two weekends after Labor Day.)

Also, does anyone have a good space to hold this somewhere in Durham or such? I can let my driveway/house be the spot, but it is nowhere near the detailing castle Brandon has! I`ve got a gravel drive and parking area, but with water and electric.

I`ll post after talking to the Duragloss fellows.

-Sherri

PS: Not a clear difference yet seen in the DG105, Megs or Victoria Concours areas on the red truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know that I`ll be there! Let`s try to find a nice climate controlled environment if we can though. I have some new goodies that I can demo as well (i.e. carpet extractor and probably have a foam cannon by then as well).

Post Thanks / Like
    Get DG to offer us a discount from their website?

You guys are having way too much fun over there in NC!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m hoping I`ll get to talk to the DG folks and ask for a discount. But...if Al and Tiger Mike couldn`t swing that, as big DG boosters as they are...I dunno. But I`ll ask!

Dan--agreed that climate control would be great. Maybe we`ll all have to make the trek to Brandon`s, if he is agreeable to host again and the DG folks are willing to travel from Burlington. But surely by mid-Sept. we won`t still be having these 100+ temps!

-S

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, SilvaBimma, when are you coming back to NC? Be here in Sept?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheri Zann..never hurts to ask again...we tried last year ..maybe this year is different...never know....with sales the way they are they may consider it....but then gain they may feel they hurt thier vendors also....if they offered 10% with the 4.95 shipping who would go to the vendors...lol.....

I hope the meet works out for you.....the Brothers are not like us as far as process....they think a 8oz bottle of 111 will do 2 cars....they slather the stuff on....as they say...but they are funny to talk to...

Good Luck

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherri Zann

I am a newbie but would like to attend something like this...Raleigh/Durham/Chapel H*ll i ok.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be willing to put up my garage again, it`s nice having A/C and a fan under a shed.

I am sure that they will be willing to drive from burlington, I have always been in contact with them to let them know we may be needing them at a meetup so far.

I also have a CG supplier on hold for our next meet.

Let me know, my birthday is the 12th of september, so I may be doing something around then, but I will definatly like to do the meet at my shop.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if Duragloss would be wiling to have it at their building along with a factory tour? That would be so `````in!
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for remembering Sherri :p, but I won`t be back till December. Timing is still indefinite. I`d be interested in a big meet then, as a local forum I`m part of has shown some interest.

Good luck! I`ve asked Duragloss before for a tour/demo day but forget what was their reply.

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s plan it guys! Let`s start by shooting a couple dates out there. I think early September what about you guys?

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoot, name the place and I`m there. Early Sept sounds perfect. Gives me time to finish installing the stereo gear I bought from Brandon, haha.

DG Factory would be very cool. If not, though, then I think I would rather have CG come out and meet us.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll call them today and see if a factory tour can be arranged. How could they say no? Unless the factory consists of an old tobacco barn with three old guys whittling and spittin between short bouts of putting labels on bottles.

Brandon, if I offer up to DG the 8th, 15th or 22 (all Saturdays), and we settle on one of those dates soon, I hope that will let you have time to plan a birthday bash. Thanks for offering the detailing palace again. And a demo/sale from a CG supplier would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you guys ever plan on getting together on a day other than saturday let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll call them today and see if a factory tour can be arranged. How could they say no? Unless the factory consists of an old tobacco barn with three old guys whittling and spittin between short bouts of putting labels on bottles.

Brandon, if I offer up to DG the 8th, 15th or 22 (all Saturdays), and we settle on one of those dates soon, I hope that will let you have time to plan a birthday bash. Thanks for offering the detailing palace again. And a demo/sale from a CG supplier would be great.

If you google earth the DG address..its a big place..has a few buildings also....

I like the 3 old guys thing...LOL...I think the same when I talk to them...they are so laid back...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information