Post Thanks / Like
    Hi folks...long time lurker/fellow detail addict and first time poster looking for some insight.

Recently while working on some future business plans, I brought up to idea of a fixed based "High-end" detailing facility as part of the operation. I can`t seem to notice the lack of highly trained/passionate detailers in the SE FL tri-county area. The few that there are, seem to constantly be booked. Everything else is just nothing more than a cheap car-wash.

Does anyone else see the potential and/or necessity of something that is not mobile in the area? I`ve read through other similar topics from the past 12 months, and really didn`t get much out of it other than the overwhelmingly high amount of poor quality mobile services.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd should be chiming in very soon...

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think thereis a high market for this type of operation and is/was something I am/was considering. I have 20-25 clients down there, and I have to make the trip from Orlando. The most common complaint I here is the lack of quality detailers down there. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss this further.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coming from Michigan where mobile detailing was non-existant, I haven`t seen 1 fixed location down here in S. Florida that concentrates on detailing solely. There`s a ton of hand car washes that do wax jobs, but not too many detail shops. I personally think with the right location, a fixed business could do very well. The biggest thing that has been built into the Florida market is come to you washing and detailing. That`s fine for the guy that wants to make a few bucks, but a fixed location with the potential to do a decent amount of volume is key to making real money. People down here are also spolied by the ease of getting their car cleaned at their home or work and I would bet that they aren`t interested in going out of their way to drop their vehicle of to a shop to have it cleaned. It would most likely run more too. I think it could be a real loosing battle to open up shop here. I wish anyone luck it they try, but remember location, location location.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information