Post Thanks / Like
    does any one have information about the latest flyers going out from MQVP about the consumer insurance fraud that is going on in these states?

the big parts suppliers are selling knockoff parts and ripping off the consumers and bodyshops, and the insurance companies apparently know about it.

i got a flyer today that ill post "MQVP Warning Flyer" when i get my posts up to 10

stay safe out there people.

Recalls are already being done by NHTSA and the parts suppliers are spiking the data.

these are safety parts and they`re not telling us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Insurance companies know all about A/M parts. The problem is that consumers are not educated about how insurance companies reserve the right to use alternative parts based on the policy that the owner chose. People will always complain if you don`t pay of anything other than new OEM parts from the dealer. Anything less and everyone complains that the insurance company is ripping them off. If using only genuine OEM parts is that important for someone, they should spend the time to research the policy prior to accepting it. If the parts are safe and the insurance companies will stand behind them, there shouldn`t be an issue. Explain how aftermarket parts are counterfeit? For example, Visteon manufactures radiators and other parts for Ford. The radiator is stamped Visteon. That exact radiator, with same stamp is also available aftermarket for 30%-%40 less. What`s the difference? Why should insurance companies pay a rediculous mark-up for the same identical part?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

in answer to your question . Explain how AM parts are counterfeit. I guess i will answer with a question of my own. AM parts are not generically counterfeit, but if they were misrepresented to be and sold with the customer presuming they were getting a brand part, would that be right or wrong? how about the makers of the parts and the distributors of the parts, or anything for that matter, if they pass off any product misrepresented to be something else, is that right or wrong.

look at the television, we can not get away from the counterfeit problems coming from china and elsewhere.

I`ve been following this story closely as it is affecting the industries i work in.

take a look at mqvp.com`s website . It states " With the recent deluge of dangerous defective products imported from Taiwan (including bogus toothpaste, fish and seafood, counterfeit pharmaceuticals, automotive tires, aftermarket auto collision parts, vehicle headlamps, impure foodstuffs, ..." . they have a new Safety Public Announcement up on their page i recently discovered. it talks all about the problem our country is saturated with.

when we have US public corporations backing the unethical behaviors, its no wonder our country is in a downward spiral.

i was at the grocery store the other day and passed 3 isles that had major recalls of food, crackers, tuna fish, and other canned food. problems ranged from unintentional chemicals found in products, unapproved ingredients, and other shocking problems. i hope nabisquites dont come from China!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for replying back to your thread after several months. I really don`t know what your motivation is behind this multi-forum campaign? I`d really like to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchhed
    AM parts are not generically counterfeit, but if they were misrepresented to be and sold with the customer presuming they were getting a brand part, would that be right or wrong? how about the makers of the parts and the distributors of the parts, or anything for that matter, if they pass off any product misrepresented to be something else, is that right or wrong.
    Any kind of misrepresentation is wrong! What "big parts supplier" & insurance company is doing this? I think you`re mistaken. This would plainly be fraud and any ligitimate supplier/company has too much too loose to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchhed
    look at the television, we can not get away from the counterfeit problems coming from china and elsewhere.

I`ve been following this story closely as it is affecting the industries i work in.

take a look at mqvp.com`s website . It states " With the recent deluge of dangerous defective products imported from Taiwan (including bogus toothpaste, fish and seafood, counterfeit pharmaceuticals, automotive tires, aftermarket auto collision parts, vehicle headlamps, impure foodstuffs, ..." . they have a new Safety Public Announcement up on their page i recently discovered. it talks all about the problem our country is saturated with.

when we have US public corporations backing the unethical behaviors, its no wonder our country is in a downward spiral.

i was at the grocery store the other day and passed 3 isles that had major recalls of food, crackers, tuna fish, and other canned food. problems ranged from unintentional chemicals found in products, unapproved ingredients, and other shocking problems. i hope nabisquites dont come from China!

This whole part of your post has nothing to do with the auto repair industry. What does tuna & toothpaste have to do with auto parts that insurance companies utilize?

1 thing you may fail to realize/understand is that most of the vehicles today are purely a cocktail of aftermarket parts when they`re built. Auto manufacturers *manufacturer* very few of the parts they *assemble* on their vehicles. So, when an insurance company pays to put an "OEM" radiator back onto a damaged vehicle, it`s really an aftermarket part.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information