Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys!

Just an FYI.

Last week I learned that the city of Alpharetta has a new code concerning the washing of vehicles on commercial grounds. From 1/1/07 forward any vehicle washed on a commercial property needs to be done with a reclamation device. Rinse-less washes such as QEW and ONR are still not allowed. If a drop of water hits the pavement that was not put there by mother nature a reclamation device must be used. As far as I know this applies only to the city of Alpharetta (not all of Fulton county) and only on commercial (i.e. office complexes) property.

Full-time guys should look at this as a blessing as it will weed out the bizillion bottom feeder businesses that show up every season and undercut us. I hardly see those folks springing for the cost of a reclamation system just to service one city.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    damn man, thats crazy. you would think that it would be a county wide ordinance or something. Oh well, I don`t hit office complexes anyway because I don`t have a water tank setup. I just do friends, and then their friends. a small setup. hope you don`t think people like me are `bottom feeders`

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure I understand, are you saying you use a reclamation system?
    Bright Regatta Blue 25th Anniversary Mustang LX

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBad93Z
    I`m not sure I understand, are you saying you use a reclamation system?

i really doubt you are referring to me, because my post wasn`t very complicated.......?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I had this problem with the gwinett county public water works when I started detailing at a local country club. The only way I got around it was using a "ghetto" meaning home built system to reclaim what little fell during a qew wash. I just kinda hoped that the public water works didn`t send a tool out to see something he shouldn`t have. I got lucky and during my stent there didn`t have a problem. It`s unfortunate that this is the case because I am not in a position to afford such a system. I guess I`ll just have to stick to the residential side of things for now.

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Clean WS6
    Hey guys!

Just an FYI.

Last week I learned that the city of Alpharetta has a new code concerning the washing of vehicles on commercial grounds. From 1/1/07 forward any vehicle washed on a commercial property needs to be done with a reclamation device. Rinse-less washes such as QEW and ONR are still not allowed. If a drop of water hits the pavement that was not put there by mother nature a reclamation device must be used. As far as I know this applies only to the city of Alpharetta (not all of Fulton county) and only on commercial (i.e. office complexes) property.

Full-time guys should look at this as a blessing as it will weed out the bizillion bottom feeder businesses that show up every season and undercut us. I hardly see those folks springing for the cost of a reclamation system just to service one city.

Thanks for this information - Mike

This does explain the upswing in calls I have had this spring and as you say it will weed out the bottom feeders. Does the Alpharetta code say that the reclamation device must be certified – just wondering?

Ground water run off will continue to be pressed by the county and local governments which I believe is a very good thing.

As a fixed location I exceed the EPA requirements which are costly and after discussing with them [EPA] is the only reason I do not clean under the hood - ever.

Al

Thread Information