Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys I finally registered here. Bought a beautiful 04 mystic chrome cobra 3 months ago with 5500 miles. I guess the last owner didn`t really detail the car.

I currently have a Griots Garage Orbital like the PC and have been using meguiars swirl remover, glaze and recently bought the NXT ... stuff doesn`t last long true, but goes on and off very easy.

So I did the usual clay, swirl remover with orange pad (from griots) followed with the glaze and NXT ... On the hood roof trunk i used nxt waited till the next day and put a coat of griots carnauba paste (which from what I read here is the same as natty`s blue?)

Well UNFORTUNATELY I have water spots still on the paint :furious:

Today I tried 3M Compound with orange pad (talk about DUST : I started with some quick detailer on the pad and then applied the compound on the pad, put machine on 2 to spread the product then to 5 ... went over the trunka lot of times slowly, and I can tell they`re wanting to go away, but the marks are still there.

What am I doing wrong here? Is the machine just not strong enough and not cutting ? Wrong pad? Maybe I am not working the product all the way???? I noticed a lot of dust and its starting to get dry, so removed it and did it again 3 times ... Still can see the SPOTS under light :furious: :furious:

This is really bothering me because I everytime I :buffing: my car I can see them :

I am trying to avoid taking the car somewhere to be done with a rotary ....

I could not get the camera to capture the marks I see with my eyes, but I guess these two pics of the trunk area (after I tried the 3m compound with PC) give an idea - the only way i see these marks are at an angle.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried a paint cleaner? Something like Pinnacle Paint Cleanser or maybe Z-PC with the orbital.

Cutting the paint might not be the best way to do it if you can just clean out the waterspots.

Post Thanks / Like
    No I haven`t, but I imagine that it would be a waste of $$$ ????? since I have even tried the 3M compound and it didn`t work (which I am assuming is strong)

I was considering the FK1 decontamination kit ...

Z-PC? I am not good with all abbreviations yet ... sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    For some odd reason I can`t post the pics here, so here is a link to them http://autopia.org/forum/machine-pol...ando-fl-2.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted in your orginal thread, I`m in Orlando.

Thread Information