Post Thanks / Like
    Iv`e just purchased a new Ford F150 Lariat and I want ot keep it looking new. I work at a 3M plant and I can get 3M products at employee pricing so I plan on using their products. I`ve used some of the Perfect-it light cleaner and wax on an old Cougar that I have and I thought it did a good job of bring the shine back. I`ve purchased some 3M Perfect-it Show Car liquid wax #39026 for the truck. It says it is for new car and like new car finishes. How good are the 3M products for long term finish protection?

One more question. I have a 98 Jeep that I plan to clean and wax. I bought some glaze to use but I don`t know when to apply it. Do I use the light cleaner and wax first then apply the glaze or do I even need the glaze? It`s been about a year since I wax the car.

I plan on using just the Show car wax on the truck only since it`s new.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll probably get more responses in the detailing product discussion section, but I`ll add my .02...

I used to use the the 3M products, and really like them, but I was only getting about 4-6 weeks tops of protection out of the wax on my cars which are outside 24x7. Actually not bad compared to most of the other OTC waxes.

Recently I`ve switched over to Collinite 476s, and get *almost* three months out of it. Better, but still looking for something longer lasting... although I doubt I`ll find it. Some people claim longer out of 476s, but I don`t know how they do it.

HTH!

Thread Information