Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard that it`s very difficult to tint rear window because of DOT Matrix and tint not sticking to it.

What are your experiences and suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no firsthand experience, but I have heard that, too. Additionally, metallic tint on rear window (as opposed to film) affects radio and tire pressure monitors, too. Don`t know if this helps, but film tint is supposed to be less an issue...

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s some good information: http://www.tintdude.com/dot-matrix.html

Tinters use everything from glues to vinyl or paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    go to a tint shop who do BMW cars all the time, with proper prep the matrix should be fine, do not go where they use glues etc as that will surely void the factory film warranty . Metalic films will affect A.M radio reception , if you use a dyed film it will change colour over time but if you like A.M stations make sure you use Formula one Classic film as it is about 3 times more colour stable than any other film out there. if you come up to Canada i can use metal film with out loosing your A.M reception but that`s my secret and i`m not revealing that one to my competition. tint dude .com is an O.K site with some (not many ) good tinters on there, read through the replys and you will figure out who you don`t want to tint your car! Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my windows tinted 3 years ago, used a regular tint shop and I haven`t had any problems because of the dot matrix on the rear window. My guess is that since the dot matrix has been applied to the rear glass for so many years most tint shops have developed methods to ensure proper adhesion of the tint. My tint shop also gives a lifetime warranty, which I guess is good for as long as I own the car or until the shop goes out of business, which ever comes first. :p

Post Thanks / Like
    what some shops do is sand them down.

i personally dont` like tint, its like a fake mod, its for people to say its a mod, jus like clear corners. anyways. good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2002 m3 with tinted windows and they did have a probelm on the back window. It doesn`t look bad unless you know what your looking for. I still think it looks better than not having any tint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CarbonBlkM3

i personally dont` like tint, its like a fake mod, its for people to say its a mod

:nixweiss Never heard that one before

Thread Information