Post Thanks / Like
    I spent the evening with a lot of nervous energy and butterflys in my stomach. The World Trade Center tragedy is hard to comprehend.

I spent a couple hours out in the garage listening to the TV reports of the horrible event while fiddling with my cars just to keep myself busy.

One the positive side, I had my first chance to dip into my latest shipment of goods from CMA. I have heard of Black Again vinyl and rubber restorer but never really thought it would be of use to me since most of my cars are either new or pretty well restored.

I was quite suprised that Black Again did a wonderful job of "blackening" many pieces of plastic on the Porsche. It gave me the best sheen of anything I have tried. Very dark, rich and even.

I also used it on the windshield rubber trim on the Jag with the same results. I can`t wait to see how long it lasts!:up
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m surprised to hear you like the re-formulated version Brad!! I have the original vesion, but have seldom used it. But if you give it the o.k. then it must be good!!:bounce
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the news Brad. I, too, wasn`t too interested in trying the reforumulated product. Kindly let us know when you can about the durability of that product. I kind of wish you could have applied that product to something other than one of your prized garaged vehicles. I`d be curious to know how long it holds up well on a daily driver that is normally parked outside. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a product made by Mothers called Back to Black and have been satisfied with this. what is the difference between the mother`s product and this new product black again???

Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember right, the Back to Black is actually a die, of sorts. Black Again is just a dressing.

Anybody? Correct me if I am wrong.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    100% correct Brad!!!:up :up I should note that this is typically the case with Brad!! LOL!! The Mother`s and Black Again are similar products. Haven`t used either in a while, so I won`t comment.
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like Menzerna FMJ?

Looks seem to get praised, slickness second to none, but durability not very good. Your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it one time and had the same thoughts you just outlined. My recollection is it`s like BFWD without the durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love BFWD but never used FMJ. What do you guys consider acceptable durability especially through a winter? 3 mos? 6 mos (i.e. all winter?). I have 1 layer of PB EXP
    (before I switched to BFWD) then did an IPA wipedown then topped with BFWD. Did that in Oct and is beading like crazy. I have a feeling it will last through May.

Post Thanks / Like
    FMJ may have a slightly `glossier` look then BFWD, although I honestly cannot tell much of a difference.

I am so `over the moon` with BFWD that I rarely reach for FMJ, although it still sells in large quanites and has a large following.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did use FMJ a couple of times but this was on vehicles I never saw again. It was amazingly soft and slick with a ton of gloss. I then later heard it was low on durability.

Is this really true? I have some left so I need to know before I use again?

Post Thanks / Like
    i use it on my truck and the gloss is fantastic. as far as durability, i couldn`t tell you cuz i haven`t let one coat stay on long enuff without putting another on top..

Thread Information