Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I know this was discussed a few weeks back but it looks like the search function is not working for those posts (or, they have been cleared)? In any case, I want to paint the garage floor in my new place with a GOOD, non-lifting paint. Getting it professionally done is too expensive (a friend spent $1000 on a 2 car garage) and I like the DIY thing anyways!

So, please recommend a GOOD paint for me to use. It must be light gray (like an auto mechanic`s), non lifting, and I am partial to a shiny finish to help increase room lighting.

Also, any recommendations on color schemes for the walls? Yes, I want to paint them. Something light in color of course.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out Griots Garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched Michael Holigan show and they highlighted a floor mat product that looks pretty neat. The URL for the product is
    http://www.bltllc.com/GFloor_home.htm
    and I`m not sure of the cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    My floor was in bad shape. I was not having good luck with epoxy paint. [made for garage floors.] I bought two garage floor mats from Auto barn.com. They are a PVC product that comes in 9x20ft, or 7.5x17ft . Free shipping and it got to my house two days after ordering. I bought one of each and did an entire two car garage. It is heavy, and has ribs to collect dirt; then just hose out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you properly prep your garage floor, you`re not likely to like the long-term results of a DIY paint job. Although the Griots floor paint is not bad, it won`t stick to a floor that is not perfectly clean and etched. The best way to etch the cement is with muratic acid (be careful!). After etching I would apply a coat of cement glue to help with the bonding process.

It`s best to have a pro do the job.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard from a few reliable sources that the Griots garage floor paint is not that great. Save your money.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the prior posters. I have never had any luck with paint on concrete. I <em class=`bbc`>am[/i] prepared to believe it can be made to work, but only on a correctly prepared surface. And, even then, I presume you have to be prepared to touch it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried painting garage floors myself in the past. Both times I used different products. Once was with Griots and once with a store bought "garage floor paint". I acid etched both floors with muratic acid and cleaned as best as possible. Anyone who knows me knows how thorough I am. <strong class=`bbc`>Both floors failed. [/b] One lasted 6 months and one lasted a year.

I have since hired it done professionally and it has lasted 5-6 years so far. I just recently hired another contractor to do sand off my old DIY floor and repaint.

Pro is the only way to go to make it last a long time.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...471&p=51647270[/IMG]
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like

Review of BFWD Metal Sealant

Okay, my prize from the Big Kahuna arrived, and I was really excited. Since PAC was so generous with this contest, I decided to do a review of the BFWD Metal Sealant. I couldn`t review the clay, lube and extender, since I just clayed my car last week. Anyway, without further adoo, here is my review.

I used the metal sealant on my exhaust tips, front grill trim, window trim, and wheels.

First was the tips. I polished them with P21S Polishing Soap, and then applied the sealant. It looks a lot like the BFWD that we all know and love. It smells similar and applies extremely easy as well. I used a MF applicator pad, and waited until it dried to a haze. I must say the the shine was very nice. I will let you all know about the durability some tome down the road.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Next up was the wheels. This was a little more difficult to judge, because I have 2 coats of BFWD and one coat of 845IW already on them. It did seem to enhance the flakes however.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Next up was the grill and window trim. This really looked great. The shine really got amped up a few notches.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Once again, just like BFWD, easy on, easy off, and the shine is second to none.

Thanks again to PAC for the great contest. Their generousity is amazing!!!:thumbup::hurray:

Thanks for looking.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great write-up bmw5541, thank you for taking then time to do a review on the Blackfire Metal Sealant.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review!

All the metal looks great, plus its great knowing al your metal is well protected now :thumbup:
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    nice review. Blackfire Metal sealant is a very nice product, I love using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Blackfire Metal Sealant on my chrome wheels, but why would you use a metal sealant on painted cc wheels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99 View Post
    I use Blackfire Metal Sealant on my chrome wheels, but why would you use a metal sealant on painted cc wheels?
    Normally, I wouldn`t. It is safe to use on painted wheels, so I figured I would test it out. Since the folks here at PAC were so generous with this contest, I figured the least I could do was to try it out on as many thinks as possible, and give it a thourough review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info on the Metal Sealant. This is something I could use!!!:thumbup:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information