Post Thanks / Like
    I have left over buffing marks and some swirls in my new paint, please recommend a product to take this out. Its black btw...

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you trying this by hand or machine? And is this new body shop paint or a brand new car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, what kind of car do you have and how severe are the holograms/swirls? Need to be more specific.

Post Thanks / Like
    What those guys asked^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, its a 2001 mustang with new body shop paint. I will be taking the swirls out with a pc, but if you can throw in a hand applied product as well that`d be nice. I`m not sure how to explain the severity of the swirls, theyre typical light surface swirls, like ones made from crappy towels, nothing deep enough to catch a fingernail, the buffer marks or holograms are noticeable in direct sunlight but again not extremely severe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Poorboys SSR1. If that doesn`t work go wth the SSR2.5. I have had real good luck with their swirl removers.

Post Thanks / Like
    applied by either pc or hand?

Post Thanks / Like
    You might try an area by hand as you can probably get a better feel for how aggressive/not you`re being. Start mild as the new paint might still be very soft. Sometimes the best course of action is to just wait a few weeks until it hardens some more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard that poorboys creates a lot of dust, is this true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMRcalidiv
    I have heard that poorboys creates a lot of dust, is this true?
    IMHO yes, I have used Menzerna,Optimum,Poorboys,Zaino,and Megs. Out of them all, Poorboys was the worst dusting I have ever seen, and it didnt even take out the swirls. I was really suprised, I really like Poorboys products, but IMHO, the SSR`s just dont work well. My favorite is Optimum or Menzerna :spot
    [quote name=`DocHoliday`]I recently had SSR2.5 on toast for breakfast, was tasty and it polished my teeth![/QUOTE]

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR2.5 has worked really well in some areas I have used it. I think the biggest thing is getting used to how long to work it.

As far as dusting.. if you have a soft nylon brush... before you put on any product... turn on the PC and spin the pad against the brush lightly to release any loose pad particles... especially when my pads were brand new... I bet half the dust I had was from the pad itself.

Once the pad is primed and done a couple panels... I really do not think poorboys is THAT bad about dusting. 3M dusts so much more it is not even funny.

Thread Information