Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone used Sprayway? This stuff is cheap and claims its streak-free. So far I have tried IG, NXT-Glass, and IG w/ repel. IG with repel comes the closes to streak-free.

Sprayway anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it actually is a solid, streak-free glass cleaner.
    Top Shine Detailing

"Where perfection is the only step"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used this all summer at a stealership last summer and I thought it was great then, but I found IG to be better. I had a lot of issues with fogging and streaks with Sprayway, but we were also just using crappy paper towels.

I`m personally sticking with IG for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Sprayway is all you have access to, you will not be disappointed. It`s an excellent product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sprayway is a great product. I bought a lot of 6 cans off of Ebay for a pittance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep both Stoner`s IG and Sprayway on hand. They`re both good, and I`ve had some situations where Sprayway worked better than IG and other situations where IG worked better than Sprayway.

They used to have Sprayway at my local Costco, but have stopped carrying it at least for now, so I get it at Home Depot or sometimes Wal Mart.

I use a two towel method with two MFs, and that always seems to work best for me regardless of which product I`m using. I spray and wipe down with the first towel, then immediately make a pass with the second towel. I keep using the first towel as my "wet" towel, followed by a pass with the "dry" towel. Give it a try if you`re not already doing that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie926
    I keep both Stoner`s IG and Sprayway on hand. They`re both good, and I`ve had some situations where Sprayway worked better than IG and other situations where IG worked better than Sprayway.

They used to have Sprayway at my local Costco, but have stopped carrying it at least for now, so I get it at Home Depot or sometimes Wal Mart.

I use a two towel method with two MFs, and that always seems to work best for me regardless of which product I`m using. I spray and wipe down with the first towel, then immediately make a pass with the second towel. I keep using the first towel as my "wet" towel, followed by a pass with the "dry" towel. Give it a try if you`re not already doing that.

Thanks for the tip!

I`ve been spraying the window, wiping with a paper towel, then spraying again and wiping with MF. What do you think of this method?

I find it easier because it`s one less MF to keep seperated from the others. I`ve been writing with Sharpie on the corners of the MFs to label them but it`s getting confusing and the writing is coming off. Does anyone have a good classification system?

I`ve heard of cutting the corners off, but I would think that would only work for a few rags and wouldn`t it cause them to fray.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s what I use. Mainly because I can get them in bulk at SAM`s. I love the results I get from both recently washed vehicles and for cleaning between washes. It will haze and streak like crazy if used on warm or hot glass however.
    Center Stage Auto Detail

Dumas, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    a very nice glass cleaner
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Sprayway. It`s a good product, I`ve never had any trouble with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy mine in 4 packs at Sam`s. They recently stopped carrying Stoner`s IG, which upset me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HLxDrummer
    Thanks for the tip!

I`ve been spraying the window, wiping with a paper towel, then spraying again and wiping with MF. What do you think of this method?

I find it easier because it`s one less MF to keep seperated from the others. I`ve been writing with Sharpie on the corners of the MFs to label them but it`s getting confusing and the writing is coming off. Does anyone have a good classification system?

I`ve heard of cutting the corners off, but I would think that would only work for a few rags and wouldn`t it cause them to fray.

Mayb fold them in a different way when storing? For mf on wheel/tire, I poke a hole in each corner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Home Depot sells it for $2.38 a can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HLxDrummer
    Thanks for the tip!

Whatever works for you. When I`m doing mine, I generally use two different colors of MF. That makes it easy to keep track of, and no paper towel waste.

And, I don`t spray again in between towels. I only spray before the first towel. The second towel is the "final drying" pass for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie926
    Whatever works for you. When I`m doing mine, I generally use two different colors of MF. That makes it easy to keep track of, and no paper towel waste.

And, I don`t spray again in between towels. I only spray before the first towel. The second towel is the "final drying" pass for me.

Cool, I`ll have to give your method a try next time :2thumbs:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information