Thread: Collinite 476S

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m amazed by how well the car cleaned up going through a touchless wash with this wax on the car. I put AIO and 2 layers of 476S on my dad`s car to help get it through the winter about three weeks ago. The car was a bit dirty from the snowstorm that hit a couple days ago, a lot of salt stuck on it for sure.

I took the car through the usual touchless I use during the winter, and after getting home I was amazed at how clean the car was. I know they didn`t change chemicals because my friend uses it all the time and it gets the major dirt off, but there`s always that small layer it doesn`t get. It is very evident if you look through the windshield, you can always see that windshield wiper line still there. Anyways, this time with the 476S I get home and no windshield wiper line, paint is very glossy (even the lower portions of the car). I didn`t even need to QD it, I just cleaned up the wheels (the touchless never gets the wheels clean) and that was that.

I`m not sure if they just changed the dilution of the chemicals right when the snowstorm came, but if not I`m really impressed with the Collinite so far. :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you had a good experience with the 476S. I`m also using it for the winter, and I now use Duragloss AW to top after each wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried AW yet but I hear nothing but great things about it. I haven`t checked my Pepboys locally but Autozone and Murray`s don`t carry any Duragloss stuff by me.

I`m gonna throw on a layer of the 476S on my car and see if I can replicate the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprchargd
    I haven`t tried AW yet but I hear nothing but great things about it. I haven`t checked my Pepboys locally but Autozone and Murray`s don`t carry any Duragloss stuff by me.

I`m gonna throw on a layer of the 476S on my car and see if I can replicate the results.

carquest is the only place that sells it otc

but shipping is a flat $5+/- fee from the duragloss website!

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied 476S on my truck about a month ago and am amazed at how much it holds up compared to my normal wax (Meg`s GC). The look of it isn`t as shiny...but it holds up better that is for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    If i use EX-P will this ruin my shine should i go with a different wax topper?

Post Thanks / Like
    476S does nothing for me as far as looks, so it might dull that reflection you get from EX-P, but I haven`t tried it yet to confirm. Why not try it out on a panel and let us know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you saying that you have Collinite 476s on your windshield?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo123
    Are you saying that you have Collinite 476s on your windshield?
    He probably is. I personally apply paint sealant on my windshield, and it works great!

Only on the outside though

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s what you want - PICTURES!

EX-P topped with Collinite 845 Liquid - Looks good to me

Collinite on EX-P

I`m going with the 845 as a topper since it`s liquid and I`m lazy...Maybe less durable, but should last the winter...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprchargd
    476S does nothing for me as far as looks, so it might dull that reflection you get from EX-P, but I haven`t tried it yet to confirm. Why not try it out on a panel and let us know?
    This is my winter combo now, EX-P + 476s. I have dark blue metallic paint. The 476s does dull the shine a bit, kind of mutes the flake pop. This is compared to my summer combo of EX-P + Meg`s GC. Might want to get a tin of #16, which seems to shine more then 476s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auburnryan
    Here`s what you want - PICTURES!

EX-P topped with Collinite 845 Liquid - Looks good to me

Collinite Products

I`m going with the 845 as a topper since it`s liquid and I`m lazy...Maybe less durable, but should last the winter...
    Of all Collinite products, I`ve always thought the 845 was the most popular, and with a pretty good durability. Most people here like the 476 paste wax.; I`m sure both hold up to their claims. I`m more of a fan of liquid waxes/sealants, but I wouldn`t mind trying a paste form when the opportunity comes

Goose :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grease
    This is my winter combo now, EX-P + 476s. I have dark blue metallic paint. The 476s does dull the shine a bit, kind of mutes the flake pop. This is compared to my summer combo of EX-P + Meg`s GC. Might want to get a tin of #16, which seems to shine more then 476s.
    Have you ever tried the 845?

Of all Collinite products, I`ve always thought the 845 was the most popular, and with a pretty good durability. Most people here like the 476 paste wax; I`m sure both hold up to their claims. I`m more of a fan of liquid waxes/sealants, but I wouldn`t mind trying a paste form when the opportunity comes

Goose :usa

Thread Information