Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    on the verge of purchasing a pc thanks to all you guys making me jealous with how high regard you all hold them in. ive just been using a cheap orbital, which model should i buy and how easy to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaSuperShine
    on the verge of purchasing a pc thanks to all you guys making me jealous with how high regard you all hold them in. ive just been using a cheap orbital, which model should i buy and how easy to use?

Lowe`s has them for $109. it is the 7336. then from there you will need a backing plate and a pad kit. can get one through Autopia, Excel Detail, Autogeek. hope that gets you started. you will be a changed man after you use it :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    Just go get the 7336Sp from lowes it comes set up as a 6 inch with both sanding pad and buffing pad which you will prob never use. Costal tool has a good deal on them for buying online. Which PC you buy does not matter, the only difference is the counter weight which is like 5 bucks. Some come with accessories, but most people buy it for the PC not the stuff that comes with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.topoftheline.com/porter-cable-polisher.html

sees how i dont know what a backing plate is does this model come with one and is this a good buy?

Post Thanks / Like
    The 7424 is the commonly-available unit to buy online. Lowes sells the 7336sp. Either one is the same price (or close) and it essentially the same machine.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    The package on TOL includes two backing plates. They also sell the 7424 and 7336 by themselves.

I`d get the machine only, then order flexible urethane plates and foam pads from Excel.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine at Lowe`s for $109.00 I ordered the pad and backing plate kit from Meguire`s Online and have not looked back since. :buffing:
    2002 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you all for such quick replies, im getting pretty good results with hand and orbital i think as you can all check in my photos, i assume the results will be much better and honestly cant wait to get my hands on it. why the hell am i so excited about a buffer? lol ive never been so into my work before im just glad i have a place like this to come and ask you pros if im doing the right things it really means alot to me and i cant wait for the day i can do the same for others.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were in the market right now I would take a serious look at that new Griot`s buffer or the similar Dewalt model (or Chinese knock off). Sounds a bit more powerful, but with all the idiot proofing of a PC.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    If I were in the market right now I would take a serious look at that new Griot`s buffer or the similar Dewalt model (or Chinese knock off). Sounds a bit more powerful, but with all the idiot proofing of a PC.

:werd: :waxing:
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    I had read that Lowe`s carries the PC for a good price, but after going to 2 Lowes, they said they don`t carry them anymore (at least at these stores). I ordered a package deal on-line - you gotta buy the backing plate and pads anyway. Got it with no sales tx and free shipping. Biggest problem is trying to figure out which pads you want; this stuff adds up in a hurry$$$$.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love how I got my PC for $69.99. Gonna put it into use this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    So which one did you go for, the TOL bundle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty

i actually wouldn`t pick up the griots buffer just yet. it`s still fairly new, and according to someone who has already tested it thus far, it basically achieves the same result(s) as the pc. i would like to see more testing and the longevity on the machine...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan
    I love how I got my PC for $69.99.

best deal ever! :up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information