Thread: Crevices

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you guys get out water spots, wax leftovers, and other crap from within small crevices? There are quite a few on my Mercdes and it`s frustrating to see little white specs on my black car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Q-tips, toothpics or I have a set of jewelry tools that I can cover with a thick cloth to remove things from small places.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was browsing a favorite detailing product site and came across the product below--these seem like they would be a great addition to my collection...

Detailing Wedges

unique sponge with a triangular wedge on the end! Great tool for detailing creases, openings, cracks, and hard to reach places on your car.

These can be found at www.carcrazy.net. I have no affliation with this company--it just happens that it is in my area and has great high-end products and the guys who own it are good fellows.

Oh I'll Bring the Shizzle Nagchampa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by chewy

Was browsing a favorite detailing product site and came across the product below--these seem like they would be a great addition to my collection...

Detailing Wedges

unique sponge with a triangular wedge on the end! Great tool for detailing creases, openings, cracks, and hard to reach places on your car.

These can be found at www.carcrazy.net. I have no affliation with this company--it just happens that it is in my area and has great high-end products and the guys who own it are good fellows.
    You would be amazed at what you can find in a dollar store. They have make-up applicator kits that come with foam wedges of all sizes and shapes as well as large cotton swabs which work great for cracks and the like.
    "Never walk into an environment and assume that you understand it better than the people who live there." - Kofi Annan after his first frigid Minnesota winter

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of cleaning agents do you guys use? Seems like water spots and wax leftovers are the most stubborn to get out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow--never thought about hitting the dollar store for stuff--great idea--will be driving to one tonight to see what I can find!

It`s good to be a Autopian!:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Oggle- Often a sharpened toothpick or wooden stick from a detailing swab (used carefully) can remove wax/polish deposits all by itself. I just whittle it to the shape you need. Otherwise, I use Final Inspection.

The sharpened stick can also be used with a bit of cotton ball (or a pulled apart Q-tip`s cotton) to get down into crevices with a product. But watch that you don`t get it stuck down in there.

Thread Information