Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liquid Glass

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Liquid Glass

Anyone use liquid glass here? I just pulled it out for the first time in a while and put 2 coats on a black f150 i cut and polished today. Man i forgot how much i love this stuff.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liquid Glass

I saw it at autozone the other day. I was wondering what everyone thought about it. Can you tell me a little more about this product as far as look and application. Is it a wax or sealant, carnauba? Sorry for my ignorance.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.liquidglass.com/index.htm That should help you out some. Its a polish/finish coat. I apply just like i would a coat of wax. In small circular motions, i do one panel at a time. Its a light blue colored. It seem more liquidy then most waxes. And it has a strong odor that i can not explain.

It gives a nice deep shine also. If you do a half and half comparison on the hood. You can tell the difference. Its best on dark colored cars too. Black,green,blue etc.

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Used the Classic stuff 15 years ago, not the one that survives to today. We had a thread on both a while back.

It`s a good LSP, a sealant, and pretty good from what I hear. I am not sure if the company behind it keeps up with new market demands as much as some of our sponsors here.
    "Marge...weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never used it but a friend of mine uses it exclusively. His black Ford Explorer looks really nice when he details it.
    "I`m staying out of it."

God drives a Cadillac.
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using Liquid Glass on my cars for about 5 years. I love it. Occassionaly, I`ve wondered away for other products but have always come back. It not only gives the look I like, but also seems more durable than the other products I`ve tried. But, I`m always trying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    I apply just like i would a coat of wax. In small circular motions..
    I`ve always used a back and forth application as directed by the Liquid Glass instructions. I don`t know if it is true or not, but another Liquid Glass user told me using a circular application with Liquid Glass is more likely to leave streaks than a back and forth application.

Post Thanks / Like

My pal used to use this stuff around 87` 88`, and he had the best looking car in H.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you say this product crates more of a reflective look or deep wet look on dark color paint?

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I ued Liquid Glass was about 4 years ago on a medium blue neon. I thought it gave more of a `dry` shine on that car, but then my skills were nowhere near what they are now. Perhaps better prep would change the final look. I know it was one of my favorites back then and I even wrote to Steve of Guru Reports asking him to give LG the benefit of the doubt because I thought it was one of the top contenders (it ended up rating 31st on their list).
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

This is an outdated product with a petroleum base, (your strange smell), and not recommended for use on late model clearcoats that are water based. Not a bad product if you work on single stage classics, but be careful on clearcoats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Waxer
    This is an outdated product with a petroleum base, (your strange smell), and not recommended for use on late model clearcoats that are water based. Not a bad product if you work on single stage classics, but be careful on clearcoats.

Have you ever had any problems with it on late model clearcoats? I haven`t used it as much lately and still i have never had a problem with using it on clearcoat finishes. Even their site says its safe for clearcoats. :dunno

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Waxer
    I agree!!!!

I still have nightmares about my Liquid Glass stage. :bigscream

Post Thanks / Like

So is it dangerous to use on my 05 altima? How well does the paint cleaner work? I`ve got a ton of fine scratches and etched water spots.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    So is it dangerous to use on my 05 altima? How well does the paint cleaner work? I`ve got a ton of fine scratches and etched water spots.
    it is absolutely fine! things change. chemicals makeup in products change through the years. many times the companies will do it without even letting the consumer know. i say its fine to use on clearcoated paints because ive seen what LG can do and how long it can last with no ill effects. my neighbor was the one who actually showed it to me. then showed me his garage queen. he says he uses 3 coats every 6 months and no problems. beads like mad and shines incredible.

it has a way of catching light that it tends to glisten in the right lighting. very cool, never seen that in any other sealants.

ive even used it on my old cooper before and i redetailed it with plenty of protection left and no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

is it better to apply by hand or by orbital?
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information