Post Thanks / Like
    You know the plastic piece between your windshield and your hood? Whatever it`s called...I hope you know what I`m talking about.

Anyway...I have a bunch of tiny white spots that are either FI-II, PPCL or AIO. It probably happened when I used these products with my PC a couple of weeks ago, but I just noticed them.

I can`t get them off!!! Today, I first tried EF Power Wash when I was washing my car. Then I tried some Vinylex. Then I tried some AIO. Then some 3M Tar and Adhesive remover. Nothing worked.

Any ideas of what else I could try?
    2002 VW GTI 337 Edition

"Saturday nights we get together behind the Dairy Twist and check out cars. Maybe you`d like to come?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Try using a boars hair detailing brush and a QD, takes some time but it will get rid of the polish and wax.
    Afshin

90 Porsche 928 GT - Marine Blue

09 MazdaSpeed3 - Metropolitan Gray Mica

04 Honda Pilot - Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I feel kinda stupid for not trying some QD I was looking over my supplies wondering what to try, but my QD was in my hatch so I didn`t even think about it. Funny what you forget in the "heat of battle".

All I can think to say is...DUH
    2002 VW GTI 337 Edition

"Saturday nights we get together behind the Dairy Twist and check out cars. Maybe you`d like to come?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried a pressure washer at a fair distance? It may take the polish right off! Also, Peanut butter is a big hit around here for taking polish off of mouldings.

Post Thanks / Like
    If those spots are indeed wax/polish then they are very easily removed with One Grand`s Tar/Gum/Wax Remover. I know it works because Blitz wax was notorious for leaving behind wax stains on black trim and thats what I used to remove it easily.

I`m surprised your 3M failed but then again the label does not say Wax Remover. Unfortunately, One Grand is mostly mail order. Maybe try a local store for a product that specifically states wax removal.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s what everyone is here for, can`t remember everything all the time.
    Afshin

90 Porsche 928 GT - Marine Blue

09 MazdaSpeed3 - Metropolitan Gray Mica

04 Honda Pilot - Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    derrickm- I`m surprised the 3M and the AIO didn`t work too. I`d guess that it`s FI, since I`ve (intentionally) used PPCL and AIO on that particular panel (black plastic, lightly pebble-grained) with good results.

Another thing you might try is clay, using plenty of lube so IT doesn`t become a problem itself.

jmsc- Yeah, the One Grand T/G/W Remover is a good product to have around :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I thought for sure the 3M would do it. I rubbed it on with a cotton towel A LOT. It looked like it was working, but after a minute or two they would show up again. Weird...

I`m pretty sure it`s the FI-II as well. Because I remember using it on that half of the hood and starting on the top corner and having too much product on my pad.

I`ll try some QD tomorrow and see how it does.
    2002 VW GTI 337 Edition

Thread Information