Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garage flooring

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Garage flooring

Well I have finally had enough looking at the oil and numerous other stains on my garage floor. I was looking at Racedeck flooring for awhile, but just couldn`t bring myself to spend that kind of money flooring. I was on facebook and Corey for CarPro-US had post about garagetrac flooring, which comes from the same factory as Racedeck flooring. He had mentioned he had it in his shop, and had been very happy with. So hopefully this will dress up my garage quite a bit once I receive it and get it installed. I plan on following his advice also and will lay it out in my driveway first and coat it with Hydr02 before I put it in my garage. Here is the layout I went with. I am excited to get it installed.

and a pic of my garage. The shell on the stand is now gone however, sold it before X-mas this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t wait to see how this turns out bud. I am wanting to do my garage as well, but don`t know if I can afford to do it all at once. I might have to piece mine together a little at a time. Never thought about coating it with HydrO2. Seems like an awesome idea before you get it put in. Keep us posted!
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage flooring

Simply a brilliant idea. I went with Swisstrax Ribtrax and absolutely love the floor. Fantastic actually.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally went with epoxy about a year ago. I have done nothing to it. (I did wash it once)

Not a mark or a scuff. It still looks brand new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I personally went with epoxy about a year ago. I have done nothing to it. (I did wash it once)

Not a mark or a scuff. It still looks brand new.

Looks good Merlin. Any specific reason why you went with the epoxy over the tiles? I know it is cheaper, but don`t you have to thoroughly clean the floor first?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was considering doing this, however I really didn`t wanna spend the time prepping the floor and the expense of doing that as we are talking about moving within the next few years. At least with this floor I can pull it up and just take it with. I guess we will see how it work. I think it is a quick way to dress up the inside of the garage though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Yeah I was considering doing this, however I really didn`t wanna spend the time prepping the floor and the expense of doing that as we are talking about moving within the next few years. At least with this floor I can pull it up and just take it with. I guess we will see how it work. I think it is a quick way to dress up the inside of the garage though.

That is my thought process with the tiles also. I could always take them with me if I moved and add more or less. Just seems more like a long term investment.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly! The tiles are a lot less work installing, and you have no down time waiting for stuff to cure also. The concrete in my garage is covered in stains, and would require a lot of work to clean and prep for the coating. Then you need to let it sit for a few days without going on it. Tiles just seemed a bit easier to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    I could always take them with me if I moved and add more or less. Just seems more like a long term investment.
    I don`t know if it is more or less expensive to do. I felt it was more durable.
    I will tell you that YES, "Preperation is the Key" but we all know that one.

Spending that kinda money on a permanent floor IS an long term investment.
    So, if you are considering moving then I`d suggest purchasing the garage tiles.

Cleaning the epoxy floor is easy. Sweep, hose it down and get out the blaster.

Post Thanks / Like

After laying a tile floor such as the Garage Trac can you still wash your car in the garage? I would think water would get under the tiles then eventually mold.

What`s the purpose of using Hydro 2?? Wouldn`t this make the tiles slippery??

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see why you couldn`t still wash in the garage. Your not talking about an air tight floor here, so I am sure it will dryout. The hydr02 basically just adds some protection to the till, possibly making it less likely to stain? I don`t think it will make it slippery though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    After laying a tile floor such as the Garage Trac can you still wash your car in the garage? I would think water would get under the tiles then eventually mold.

What`s the purpose of using Hydro 2?? Wouldn`t this make the tiles slippery??

There is some tiles that are slotted so you can still wash them without trapping the water beneath them. They are more expensive, about double per tile, but could be worth it if that`s what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got 250sq of racedeck. Whats the cost savings for this product over RD? any idea?

I saved some money by waiting for a `no restrictions` sale on autogeek before I pulled the trigger
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

The tile I purchased (garagetrac) was $2.04/sq.ft. while racedeck is $3.49/sf.ft. on autogeek. It also comes with free shipping which is nice, when your shipping 390lbs. of flooring. So the savings was pretty big compared to racedeck, and like I said before this comes from the same manufacturer that produces racedeck. Mine will be here on Monday, so hopefully one night next week I can get this installed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Mine will be here on Monday, so hopefully one night next week I can get this installed.
    Looking forward to lots of BEFORE and AFTER pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information